Chestnut Hill Sound George iPod Speakers
Manufacturer: Chestnut Hill sound Part number: CHS40001
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/07/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $375.00
- Reviewed by: David Carnoy
- Edited by: John Falcone
- Reviewed on: 03/06/2007
- Released on: 02/01/2007
The good: High-end iPod speaker system/radio; detachable front panel that doubles as an advanced iPod remote; remote has a range of 25 feet; RF Zigbee transmission eliminates line-of-sight limitations; rich, detailed sound; relatively sleek design; upgradeable firmware; AM/FM clock radio with dual alarms and 24 presets; interchangeable side panels and speaker grilles; includes separate remote charger.
The bad: It's expensive, there's no video output, and it doesn't handle heavy bass all that well.
The bottom line: In addition to its upgradeablility and customizable colors, the George sets itself apart from other upscale iPod tabletop radios with a unique and useful visual wireless remote.
There are better product out now
by jk0007 on August 15, 2008
Pros: Cool remote
Cons: No video, doesn't work with all iPods/iPhones, sound is only OK for price
Summary: Both the Polk I-Sonic ES2 and Cambridge 765i offer more for the same price or less. Not sure why the editor gave it such a high rating but in todays ...
Summary: Both the Polk I-Sonic ES2 and Cambridge 765i offer more for the same price or less. Not sure why the editor gave it such a high rating but in todays market the George is way behind the times.
The Best iPod Speaker System Avaliable By Far
by bwbush on August 13, 2008
Pros: Quality+Value+Support+Fun+AM+F M+Alarm
Cons: None that I can think of
Summary: I don't write reviews. Never have. But this product deserves to be touted. I have owned several iPod amplified speaker systems and there is simply nothing else that even ...
Summary: I don't write reviews. Never have. But this product deserves to be touted. I have owned several iPod amplified speaker systems and there is simply nothing else that even remotely compares. What I like most, other than the construction quality and attention to detail, is the fact that the feature set of the removeable control unit can be upgraded over the internet. Most units have a designed lifetime of a few months, years if you are lucky. Not this baby. If Apple comes out with a new iPod you don't have to worry about your speaker system becoming obsolete. Is it expensive? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes, every penny, and you won't be buying another any time soon. My only minor complaint is that the speaker grill comes off too easily, but that borders on the trivial. That, honestly, is the only negative thing I can think of to say about it. And besides. It's just plain fun.
Absolutely Superior Quality
by ktlyn77 on April 28, 2008
Pros: The sound quality is like no other
Cons: None to speak of.
Summary: All too often people tell everyone they know if they have had a bad experience, but not nearly often enough when they are experienced a truly exceptional experience or product. ...
Summary: All too often people tell everyone they know if they have had a bad experience, but not nearly often enough when they are experienced a truly exceptional experience or product. I too am guilty of this until now, I just received my George in the mail last week and I cannot stop talking about it. I absolutely love it! I can’t believe I ever lived without it. The sound quality is beyond what I ever could have expected. George is so easy to use, plug it in and go!!
This is one of the best products I have ever purchased
by rheachi on April 17, 2008
Pros: Great sound, very user friendly, amazing customer service
Cons: none none none
Summary: I purchased George about 8 months ago and fell in love with him. I just purchased my iPod and using it with George was a breeze -- esp. for someone ...
Summary: I purchased George about 8 months ago and fell in love with him. I just purchased my iPod and using it with George was a breeze -- esp. for someone like me who hates remote controls! It is SOOOO user friendly. And, the sound is GREAT. I have George on any time I am home, either playing my iPod or with my AM/FM radio. I love the remote (never believed I would say that!). Then just recently I had a problem (well, found out it was the user) and emailed customer service. They emailed me back with 15 min. Then, they did everything humanly possible to get George fixed and returned to me, including shipping him from Idaho to Boston and back overnite! Kudos to a CS team that is amazing. Thanks Chestnut hill for a great product and wonderful customer service! Buy this product, you will not be disappointed!
Excellent Product - Very high quality
by iceblinkluck on June 10, 2007
Pros: Best Remote for iPod, Good clean sound
Cons: Large power adapter that has mild buzzing, expensive
Summary: Very happy with this product. Would purchase again. Excellent build quality. Very good sound for a small box stereo. Remote is outstanding - best out there for playing iPod. The ...
Summary: Very happy with this product. Would purchase again. Excellent build quality. Very good sound for a small box stereo. Remote is outstanding - best out there for playing iPod. The remote is what sets it apart from the pack. Of course, you pay for this feature. It is worth it. I can finally truly control the iPod with a remote. Nicely done Chestnut Hill Sound.
- Manufacturer: Chestnut Hill sound
- Part number: CHS40001
- Description: George is a tabletop music system more capable than any other on the market. Chestnut Hill Sound invites you to meet George and rethink what iPod music systems can do. George redefines how consumers access their music libraries and the way they live with their iPod in their home and office. Users have complete control over their digital music libraries at home using an advanced sound system. George is the only compact iPod tabletop sound system that combines a fully functional wireless remote control, balanced sound and classic style. George is the only compact sound system that contains five speakers, including a subwoofer. George is also the first tabletop system that is firmware updatable at no charge. As features become available, users simply update their unit via a home computer; giving George enhanced functionality over time, as opposed to the product stagnation common in the consumer electronics market. George also includes AM/FM radio and advanced alarm clock features.
- Product type Speakers
- Depth 9 in
- Height 5 in
- Width 14.2 in
- Included accessories AM antenna,
- Amplifier total output power 20 Watt
- Sound output mode Stereo
- Amplifier response bandwidth 60 - 20000 Hz
- Amplifier signal-to-noise ratio 80 dB
- Timer Wake ,
- Built-in clock Sleep timer,
- Alarm qty 2
- Addtional features Bass & treble control ,
Magnetic shield ,
- Audio system built-in display LCD
- Resolution 240 x 128
- Backlight display Yes
- Speaker(s) 2 x Main channel speaker Built-in,
1 x Subwoofer Built-in
- Driver details 1 3 in,
1 Tweeter driver 1 in,
Subwoofer . 1 Subwoofer driver 4 in
- Speaker system crossover channel qty 2-way
- Tuner type Digital Radio tuner
- Station preset qty 24
- Tuner bands AM/FM
- Tuning display LCD display
- Remote control Remote control
- Cable(s) included 1 x USB cable -
- Connector type 1 x Audio line-in,
1 x USB,
1 x FM antenna,
1 x AM antenna,
1 x Headphones,
1 x IPod docking
Battery / Power
- Power device type [Feb 24, 2011 from CDS: Power Device] Power adapter
- Manufacturer profile
- Browse Chestnut Hill sound products on Shopper.com
- Manufacturer:Chestnut Hill sound
90 Oak St., Newton, MA 02464
- Phone: 617-618-1800
- Fax: 617-618-6153