Tivoli Audio iYiYi (white)
Manufacturer: Tivoli Audio Part number: iyiyiws
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/05/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $110.83
- Reviewed by: David Carnoy
- Edited by: John Falcone
- Reviewed on: 12/11/2006
The good: Attractive design; clock with alarm (wake to iPod songs); supports Radio Data System (RDS) text feeds from stations that offer them; iPod charges while in dock; auxiliary line-in; included remote offers more than basic control over your iPod.
The bad: Expensive; bass could be stronger; no bass and treble controls; no video output.
The bottom line: While its sound didn't blow us away, the iYiYi offers improved bass over the iSongBook and decent features in an attractively styled package.
Great design and user interface
by ichor on January 14, 2007
Pros: radio and alarm, sound is good (not great), remote is awesome
Cons: huge footprint, sound doesn't live up to the size
Summary: 9 on design, 7 features, 6.5 on performance
I just got the Tivoli iYiYi but also have had a JBL On Stage ipod speaker for about a year, so ...
Summary: 9 on design, 7 features, 6.5 on performance
I just got the Tivoli iYiYi but also have had a JBL On Stage ipod speaker for about a year, so that's my benchmark for comparison. The iYiYi looks great, but takes up a relatively large amount of space on your desk. For such a large unit, its bass response wasn't that great, especially compared to the On Stage, which costs about half as much. At the loudest setting, it's not that loud, so consider that if you're getting this to fill up a large room. However, the sound is a lot fuller than the JBL On Stage. At the loudest setting, the unit had no distortion across a wide range of music types.
The unit does look sharp. Controls have crisp response and are clearly laid out. Setting time and alarm is intuitive. The ultra-thin (~1/2")remote works like a charm and you can interact with the ipod through the remote. This integration with the ipod is pretty cool if you don't want to walk up to the unit everytime you want to skip a song. Radio has RDS. It takes auxiliary inputs through the back, so that's a nice feature even if I don't use it currently. Internal FM antenna works well for me, but unit also can be hooked up to an external antenna if you want.
User interface is awesome, but for the moolah, this unit should have a better sound. Also, 5 FM presets is pretty chintzy. I need at least 10! If you're a sound freak, $300 is steep, but I'm not sure if there's anything better out there in this price range with this feature set. Maybe in 2 years....Updated
I enjoyed the unit more as time went on, but then the unit froze and I was never able to get it to operate again. The clock stayed frozen and the unit didn't take any radio or ipod input. So I returned it and will get something else. For $300 for what amounts to a radio speaker setup with ipod input, I would have expected infallible quality. I don't know if this is indicative of Tivoli quality in general, which is a shame because otherwise, it's a great product.
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Very Very happy
by HardrockMiner37 on July 18, 2012
Pros: My ipod lives in the docking station - fabulous sound for all types of music from Midnight Oil to Puccini!
Size is perfect
Cons: I have not found any yet - exactly what I was looking for.
The ultimate compact system awaits you...
by chaztized on September 26, 2007
Pros: Big, clear sound in a compact package. Streamlined design.
Cons: Not as classy in appearance as some of Tivoli's other products.
Summary: If you're looking for big sound and storage of a massive music library in the most compact space possible, you need this plus Pinnacle Audio's Sub-Compact 6" subwoofer ...
Summary: If you're looking for big sound and storage of a massive music library in the most compact space possible, you need this plus Pinnacle Audio's Sub-Compact 6" subwoofer and an iPod. You won't believe how great a combo this is until you hear it.
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Tivoli Audio
- Part number: iyiyiws
- Description: Wake in the morning to music you select from your iPod. Tune in to your favorite radio stations. Control your music from across the room. The Tivoli Audio iYiYi high fidelity stereo system for iPod is the definitive high-end home iPod player. With a digital AM/FM radio, built-in alarm/digital clock, credit card-sized remote control, blue backlit LCD display, and Radio Data System (RDS) support, iYiYi offers the ultimate listening experience. The iYiYi system connects and charges all dockable iPods. Its precise digital tuner includes five FM and five AM station preset buttons, a 'seek' function, and built-in AM and FM antennas. The backlit display provides information on station tuning, the time, and the 20-minute sleep timer indicator. It all adds up to the ultimate home audio system for anyone looking for iPod and radio control in one unit.
- Product type Speakers
- Color White
- Depth 8.1 in
- Height 7.5 in
- Width 11.8 in
- Weight 6.6 lbs
- Included accessories [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: Miscellaneous] Remote control
- Sound output mode Stereo
- Built-in clock Digital clock,
- Audio system built-in display LCD
- Speaker(s) Portable speakers with digital player dock
- Tuner type Digital Radio
- AM station preset qty 5
- FM station preset qty 5
- Tuner bands AM/FM
- Tuner frequency range AM: 520 - 1710 kHz,
FM: 87.5 - 108 MHz
- Tuning display LCD display
- Remote control Remote control
- Connector type 1 x Headphones Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm