Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch
Manufacturer: Cisco Part number: BEFSR41
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/09/2013
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
as of 12/09/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $99.00 - $168.81
- Reviewed by: Kamal Gill
- Reviewed on: 06/19/2001
The good: Web-based configuration; user-friendly manuals.
The bad: Short warranty; network cables not included; no serial COM port.
The bottom line: It's hard to go wrong with the EtherFast router, but if you do, you'll wish you had a longer warranty.
by xXxKilroyxXx on January 9, 2006
Pros: Fast, Easy, Cheap
Cons: Break within a couple of months
Summary: My old house-hold has gone through 3 of these routers. I don't know what is wrong with them but when you run them with all 4 connections going for ...
Summary: My old house-hold has gone through 3 of these routers. I don't know what is wrong with them but when you run them with all 4 connections going for awhile they just die. I say invest alittle money on a more relible company or more relible model from linksys (there older ones work quite well).
No problems after almost 2 years
by hajji on October 13, 2005
Pros: Reliability, easy switch between multiple computers, haven't had any dropouts
Cons: I can't think of any
Summary: This product has been great! Its been doing its thing for almost 2 years problem free. I don't know why consumer reviews of this product are so far one ...
Summary: This product has been great! Its been doing its thing for almost 2 years problem free. I don't know why consumer reviews of this product are so far one way or the other to the extremes, but for me it has done its job well. I would recommend this product.
Overall Simplicity and Ease of Use
by joj505 on October 11, 2005
Pros: Easy setup and helpful tech support
Cons: Had some difficulty updating firmware
Summary: This router works with a 50ft. cable and provides lightning fast speed for downloading and web surfing. The only problem I had was figuring out how to upgrade the firmware. ...
Summary: This router works with a 50ft. cable and provides lightning fast speed for downloading and web surfing. The only problem I had was figuring out how to upgrade the firmware. When I called their tech support, they were professional and quickly helped me resovle this issue.
Great broadband router
by lakingsfn2004 on June 12, 2005
Pros: 4 port switch very useful in a home network
Cons: One of the ports is an uplink so you really only have 3 available ports to use.
Summary: Got this router for my home network and it has worked flawlessly for over 2 years now. I wish the uplink port was not there so I'd have a ...
Summary: Got this router for my home network and it has worked flawlessly for over 2 years now. I wish the uplink port was not there so I'd have a true 4 port router but a simple cross over cable should fix that problem.
Great value, reliable, simple to use, advanced features
by aarong on April 18, 2005
Pros: Ease of setup, flexibility, reliable router for 3 years and counting.
Cons: None really that I can think of.
Summary: I won't give away a 10 rating but this router comes close. It came with a ton of documentation that will help the beginner or the pro and has ...
Summary: I won't give away a 10 rating but this router comes close. It came with a ton of documentation that will help the beginner or the pro and has worked flawlessly for 3 years and counting. I have updated the firmware a few times just for the sake of doing it as well and the process was trouble free. It keeps going and does what it should, keeps my network connected and secure.
Very Poor Products
by Daisuke on March 14, 2005
Pros: Easy to Use Interface
Cons: Very Shoddy Support and Products Fail Often
Summary: After purchasing this product and also the Wireless model, I am exremely unhappy with Linksys. This unit started having problems only a few months after purchase, and eventually died 6 ...
Summary: After purchasing this product and also the Wireless model, I am exremely unhappy with Linksys. This unit started having problems only a few months after purchase, and eventually died 6 months later. Support on their products is out-sourced, and very shoddy and rag-tag. Was good while it lasted. Buy a better product from Netgear.
Linksys has a reliability issure
Pros: This router is great and easy to setup up, when it is working that is.
Cons: This router stopped working after about 15 month. What is wrong with linksy. Is anybody listening over there at linksy. It just seems it overheat or something and just crash and die.
Great for simple networks only
Pros: Works great out of the box, easy setup and configuration
Cons: Only good for simple networks. To set the record straight since i'm a network expert, wireless routers coupled with a wired network is known to have many problems. Other then that, there are minor problems that can occur with any network device in diffe
Great product. Secure VPN up in minutes!
Pros: I've used several VPN products, all more expensive than this. The value, performance and, so far, security is great from this unit. A great value.
Cons: Web interface GUI is a little slow sometimes. Otherwise great!
Been using it for 3 years. Works well
Pros: Easy to set up, no problems connecting new PC's
Cons: About every 4-6 months I lose my internet connection and have to turn it off and back on. Drove me crazy the first time it happened.
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part number: BEFSR41
- Description: The Linksys Instant Broadband EtherFast Cable/DSL Router is the perfect option to connect a small group of PCs to a high-speed Broadband Internet connection or to an Ethernet back-bone. Configurable as a DHCP server, the EtherFast Cable/DSL Router acts as the only externally recognized Internet device on your local area network (LAN). The router can also be configured to block internal users' access to the Internet. Unlike a typical router which can only share 100Mbps over all its connections, the Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router is equipped with a blazing 4-port EtherFast Switch, dedicating a breakneck 100Mbps to each and every connected PC. If four PCs are simultaneously accessing a standard shared-band-width router, they will only run at one-quarter the speed of any number of PCs accessing the Instant Broadband Cable/DSL Router. Not only will all of your PCs now be able to enjoy your lightning-quick Broadband Internet connection, they will also be able to share internal network data at ten times the Broadband Internet speed. Add it all together and your small network will move along faster than you ever thought possible.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type Router - 4-port switch (integrated)
- Compatible Slots None
- Data Link Protocol Ethernet,
- Form Factor External
- Built-in Devices None
- Remote Management Protocol RMON
- Features NAT support ,
- RAM 512 KB
- Type None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces 3 x Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45,
1 x Ethernet 10Base-T - RJ-45,
1 x Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45
- Expansion Bays None
- Expansion Slot(s) Total (Free) None
- Expansion Bay(s) Total (Free) None
- Port(s) Total (Free) / Connector Type 3 Network node Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX:RJ-45,
1 Network Ethernet 10Base-T:RJ-45,
1 Network node / host Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX:RJ-45
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Networking type Router
- Switching protocol [Jan 21, 2011 from CDS: Networking] Ethernet
- Network / Transport Protocol PPPoE ,
- Status Indicators Power,
100M device connected
- Networking standards [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: Networking] IEEE 802.3 ,
- Power Supply / Device Power adapter External
- Cables (Details) 1 x Network cable
- Miscellaneous compliant standards CE,
FCC Class B certified
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Drivers & Utilities
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP
Cable(s) / Peripheral(s)
- Cable(s) included 1 Network cable External
- Modem Type None
- Memory / RAM 512 KB
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year
Expansion / Port(s) Required
- Slot(s) Required None
- Port(s) / Connector(s) Required None
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 7.3 in
- Depth 6.1 in
- Height 1.9 in
- Weight 0.9 lbs
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 10 - 85%
- Service / Support Details Limited warranty 1 year