Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch
Manufacturer: Cisco Part number: BEFSR41
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/10/2014
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
as of 03/10/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $109.00 - $188.15
- Reviewed by: Kamal Gill
- Reviewed on: 06/19/2001
The good: Web-based configuration; user-friendly manuals.
The bad: Short warranty; network cables not included; no serial COM port.
The bottom line: It's hard to go wrong with the EtherFast router, but if you do, you'll wish you had a longer warranty.
linksys firmware always seems to have problems.
Pros: Easy to use. Easy to setup. Built in basic NAT.
Cons: Unstable firmware Stable firmware doesn't seem to exist with this specific type of router by linksys. Each firmware seems to have a new problem every time a new one is released. The firewall on this is very basic but it does a decent job of keeping peopl
simple and easy
Pros: very easy to set up, but you have to be a little tech savvy. i have never had a problem with it since i set it up. its been about 6-7 months since i got it. very quiet.
Cons: never had a problem, but i wish they gave a longer cable with it. they also could have given a longer warranty.
Only works for a year and a half!!!
Pros: Really easy and fast to set up. Lots of features.
Cons: I have 2 of these routers, one in my home and one in my office. The one in my home, I needed to replace it after 4-5 months of use, because it overheated and it burned and it never turned on again. Linksys replaced the unit fast and with no hassles. This
Anyone who complains about dropped ip's and reliability needs to learn a little about networking
Pros: Very easy to setup and use. If you experience problems with the router, upgrade the firmware, very easy to do. One of the first home routers that would allow connection to a corporate vpn that used 3DES right out of the box, without changing any settings.
Cons: I don't see any cons. I've supported these routers for home users connecting to our corporate vpn for several years and its the most consistent.
BEFSR41-CA v.2 SOLID GOLD
Pros: Can't go wrong with this little guy! So what if it makes a little bit of a bzzing noise. What's important is that is does the job and protects you with NAT. 24/7 tech support.
Cons: I would like it if it was made out of metal. Then it could be weighed down on my desk a little better. Tech support could be improved.
Easiest setup yet...
Pros: The setup couldn't have been simpler. Plug everything in, turn on the modem, then the router, then the PCs. Bam, it's ready to go.
Cons: None found yet
An excellent product.
Pros: Absolutely the best router that i have used. Set-up was a breeze, great for everyone.
Cons: None that i can think of?
LAN in minutes
Pros: Had horrible experience with D-Link not reading its own address to set up. This router came with a fool-proof CD installation guide. Got my LAN with two computers up and running in 10 minutes.
Cons: None observed yet.
Router keeps disconnecting!
Pros: It has a spiffy looking blue case.
Cons: The router keeps disconnecting my PC's (hard wired/wireless), after couple of hours, and then I have to do a power cycle reset to reconnect. Tech support says to change MTFU, no luck (those guys need to learn english). Stay away, Linksys products are pr
This router is THE BOMB!!! (GOOD)
Pros: No hassle setup. After hooking up everything turn it on its ready to go. One Big thing it stopped for me, was those DAMN POP-UPS!
Cons: Need a longer cable.
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part number: BEFSR41
- Description: The Linksys Instant Broadband EtherFast Cable/DSL Router is the perfect option to connect a small group of PCs to a high-speed Broadband Internet connection or to an Ethernet back-bone. Configurable as a DHCP server, the EtherFast Cable/DSL Router acts as the only externally recognized Internet device on your local area network (LAN). The router can also be configured to block internal users' access to the Internet. Unlike a typical router which can only share 100Mbps over all its connections, the Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router is equipped with a blazing 4-port EtherFast Switch, dedicating a breakneck 100Mbps to each and every connected PC. If four PCs are simultaneously accessing a standard shared-band-width router, they will only run at one-quarter the speed of any number of PCs accessing the Instant Broadband Cable/DSL Router. Not only will all of your PCs now be able to enjoy your lightning-quick Broadband Internet connection, they will also be able to share internal network data at ten times the Broadband Internet speed. Add it all together and your small network will move along faster than you ever thought possible.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type Router - 4-port switch (integrated)
- Compatible Slots None
- Data Link Protocol Ethernet,
- Form Factor External
- Built-in Devices None
- Remote Management Protocol RMON
- Features NAT support ,
- RAM 512 KB
- Type None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces 3 x Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45,
1 x Ethernet 10Base-T - RJ-45,
1 x Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45
- Expansion Bays None
- Expansion Slot(s) Total (Free) None
- Expansion Bay(s) Total (Free) None
- Port(s) Total (Free) / Connector Type 3 Network node Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX:RJ-45,
1 Network Ethernet 10Base-T:RJ-45,
1 Network node / host Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX:RJ-45
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Networking type Router
- Switching protocol [Jan 21, 2011 from CDS: Networking] Ethernet
- Network / Transport Protocol PPPoE ,
- Status Indicators Power,
100M device connected
- Networking standards [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: Networking] IEEE 802.3 ,
- Power Supply / Device Power adapter External
- Cables (Details) 1 x Network cable
- Miscellaneous compliant standards CE,
FCC Class B certified
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Drivers & Utilities
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP
Cable(s) / Peripheral(s)
- Cable(s) included 1 Network cable External
- Modem Type None
- Memory / RAM 512 KB
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year
Expansion / Port(s) Required
- Slot(s) Required None
- Port(s) / Connector(s) Required None
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 7.3 in
- Depth 6.1 in
- Height 1.9 in
- Weight 0.9 lbs
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 10 - 85%
- Service / Support Details Limited warranty 1 year