Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router with 4-Port Switch
Manufacturer: Cisco Part number: BEFSR41
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/12/2013
|Memory4Less.com|| Not yet rated || In stock || |
as of 12/12/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $99.00 - $168.81
- Reviewed by: Kamal Gill
- Reviewed on: 06/19/2001
The good: Web-based configuration; user-friendly manuals.
The bad: Short warranty; network cables not included; no serial COM port.
The bottom line: It's hard to go wrong with the EtherFast router, but if you do, you'll wish you had a longer warranty.
does what it needs to do
Pros: extreemly easy to set up for non-techies. does the job well.
Cons: still tends to be more pricy than other options
Don't cable over 15 ft.
Pros: Easy setup.
Cons: Can't upload files bigger than 4-500K without router locking up. To fix, power down and restart all devices (PC, router,...). I use cable in lengths of 70 ft.
Unreliable at best
Cons: I dunno if I got a lemon, but mine sucks ass. It constantly breaks down and takes forever to get working again. This is my second one, and the first one died and was not covered by any warrenty.
Let me explain- Only in service one day.
Pros: I had a little problem with the original install on an XP and a Win 95 computer. The problem was not due to the router, but due to the Win 98 computer's settings (My Fault). I called the 800 support number and spent about an hour on the phone with a Tech
Cons: Non yet...too early
Excellent product - easy to set up and use
Pros: All the features you need, excellent performance, easy setup. One need not be a pro to set this one up.
Don't Get This Router
Pros: I has a nice interface, and I'll bet it's probably easier to set up than most routers. But that's it!
Cons: 1) Loses it's WAN IP, which means that it goes to all zeroes and you lose all Internet connectivity. 2) I have to turn it off and turn it on at least once a week, and usually more. Sometimes I have no connectivity to anything and sometimes I lose just
Easy but I'd rather go complicated
Pros: Quite user friendly Its features are okay Although I'm not very impressed. . .
Cons: Check the warranty, its a total pain to have it fixed after the warranty, the people over there were not very helpful. . .
Nice feature set but it looks and feels like QA and QC were out to lunch when they started shipping.
Pros: It works but at a price.
Cons: The price is your sanity since it is, quite literally, a shoddy piece of junk with a negligible support policy. The 3rd one finally worked but is distinctly noisy. It will be a cold day in hell before I buy another Linksys router without testing it thorou
Great for Techies bad for Newbies
Pros: If your computer savy and can deal with it for for it you need to have a basic knowledge of networking the interface for the linksys is snappy easy to work with and easier then d-link models
Cons: If your not computer and network savy and want something you can plug in and walk away from then hire a computer whiz kid willing to help you this is not your best bet by far Router may over heat if placed bad Check around for prices I got a bad price
Great, but it buzzes
Pros: I dont know if all of them do, but mine buzzes, but its double stick taped to the wall in my closet with my cable modem, so its cool
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part number: BEFSR41
- Description: The Linksys Instant Broadband EtherFast Cable/DSL Router is the perfect option to connect a small group of PCs to a high-speed Broadband Internet connection or to an Ethernet back-bone. Configurable as a DHCP server, the EtherFast Cable/DSL Router acts as the only externally recognized Internet device on your local area network (LAN). The router can also be configured to block internal users' access to the Internet. Unlike a typical router which can only share 100Mbps over all its connections, the Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL Router is equipped with a blazing 4-port EtherFast Switch, dedicating a breakneck 100Mbps to each and every connected PC. If four PCs are simultaneously accessing a standard shared-band-width router, they will only run at one-quarter the speed of any number of PCs accessing the Instant Broadband Cable/DSL Router. Not only will all of your PCs now be able to enjoy your lightning-quick Broadband Internet connection, they will also be able to share internal network data at ten times the Broadband Internet speed. Add it all together and your small network will move along faster than you ever thought possible.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type Router - 4-port switch (integrated)
- Compatible Slots None
- Data Link Protocol Ethernet,
- Form Factor External
- Built-in Devices None
- Remote Management Protocol RMON
- Features NAT support ,
- RAM 512 KB
- Type None
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces 3 x Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45,
1 x Ethernet 10Base-T - RJ-45,
1 x Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45
- Expansion Bays None
- Expansion Slot(s) Total (Free) None
- Expansion Bay(s) Total (Free) None
- Port(s) Total (Free) / Connector Type 3 Network node Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX:RJ-45,
1 Network Ethernet 10Base-T:RJ-45,
1 Network node / host Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX:RJ-45
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Networking type Router
- Switching protocol [Jan 21, 2011 from CDS: Networking] Ethernet
- Network / Transport Protocol PPPoE ,
- Status Indicators Power,
100M device connected
- Networking standards [Jul 2, 2008 from CDS: Networking] IEEE 802.3 ,
- Power Supply / Device Power adapter External
- Cables (Details) 1 x Network cable
- Miscellaneous compliant standards CE,
FCC Class B certified
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included Drivers & Utilities
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 98SE/2000/ME/XP
Cable(s) / Peripheral(s)
- Cable(s) included 1 Network cable External
- Modem Type None
- Memory / RAM 512 KB
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year
Expansion / Port(s) Required
- Slot(s) Required None
- Port(s) / Connector(s) Required None
Dimensions & Weight
- Width 7.3 in
- Depth 6.1 in
- Height 1.9 in
- Weight 0.9 lbs
- Min Operating Temperature 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating 10 - 85%
- Service / Support Details Limited warranty 1 year