2009 Cadillac CTS-V
Manufacturer: Cadillac Part number: 101066439
- Bottom Line:
- As a high-performance luxury sedan, the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V sets a benchmark. It's blisteringly fast and handles extraordinarily well, and offers an excellent set of cabin gadgets.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price From Edmunds.com|| || || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/10/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $58,575.00
- Reviewed by: Wayne Cunningham
- Reviewed on: 02/25/2009
The good: With its phenomenally powerful engine and well-designed suspension, the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V serves up blistering acceleration and very stable handling. The navigation system offers excellently integrated traffic and also shows weather conditions. The Bose stereo delivers great clarity.
The bad: Gear shift buttons on the steering wheel are poorly placed and gas mileage is in the mid-teens.
The bottom line: As a high-performance luxury sedan, the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V sets a benchmark. It's blisteringly fast and handles extraordinarily well, and offers an excellent set of cabin gadgets.
by lemaman on July 7, 2009
Pros: Blazingly fast, incredible handling, excellent media interface and sound. It is the first vehicle I have ever had that exceeded my expectations, and I had an M5 before. No comparison, USA muscle wins this one!
Cons: needs backup camera, limited rear visibility. I would say poor mileage, but you don't buy this for its efficiency, so its a nonissue. Very solid interior, not the plasticky Caddy stuff you have seen in the past.
Summary: I love driving an American product that is quality and not just tolerating it and justifying it to others. No one who drives this will be disappointed, save an F1 ...
Summary: I love driving an American product that is quality and not just tolerating it and justifying it to others. No one who drives this will be disappointed, save an F1 racer. It will beat most sports cars out of the box, including those 3x the cost. It is a true luxury bargain when you consider the competition. I also think it may retain it's value for a long time as it may be the last V model we see for a while given GMC's current 10k. It's a whole new beast over the first generation V, so don't let any preconceived notions cloud your experience. You simply cannot be disappointed with this vehicle in my opinion, and I am very opinionated and a stickler for quality and detail on anything I pay over 50k for! Seriously, I haven't found a corner cut yet. Even the grill seems sturdier than other comparable sedans. I drove the 300hp CTS and it is not even worth comparing. It's a Metro compared to this beast. If you are leaning to Bavaria or Italy or anywhere else because American muscle hasn't lived up to expectations in the past, then you need to come home and try this one before you decide. You will save yourself a lot of cash and be very happy with it, I guarantee that.
4 out of 4 users found this user opinion helpful.
Simply the best produced sedan on the market, bar none!
by Co06Jo on July 22, 2009
Pros: Power, speed, and look are phenomenal. Plus, the handling required to control those traits is just as outstanding; its suspension and breaks are superb. The interior quality and design are 1st class too. Truly, one bad dude, if you get my drift.
Cons: None. Except make the LS9 engine and the ZR1 hood available as the ONLY option.
Need formal instruction program/class on how to maximize the use of the 40 gigabit hard drive system, i.e., voice control. Less expensive rear tires, would help a lot.
Summary: My gasoline powered dream car. Thank you so very much GM and Cadillac. Especially at the price - there is no better bang for the buck anywhere on any product ...
Summary: My gasoline powered dream car. Thank you so very much GM and Cadillac. Especially at the price - there is no better bang for the buck anywhere on any product on the face of the earth, period.
Hot, straight, and hard it does not get any better than that.
As an owner of 4 or 5 Mercedes of varying size; a couple of "muscle" cars; and a '77 black, 350/330 hp Crate engine, w/Hedman hedders, Vette that now sits in the garage a lot more than it used to and having lived in Europe at the right age (late teenager, young professional) for 6 years I know what I'm talking about. The CTS -V is THE big dog when it comes to luxury high performance sport sedans - bar none.
Furthermore, any automobile that comes with a horizontal accelerometer as standard equipment, as the "V" does, it is one HOT ride and is capable of taking you on one hell of a trip anywhere, at any time, every time. As mine certainly does every time after I strap myself (and passenger) in and launch.
I've heard that the letter "V" in its model designation stands for Velocity, personally I think it's Vicious or maybe Violent - perhaps, all three.
Again, thank you GM and Cadillac for making a dream come true and as they say down here in the Bluegrass at Churchill Downs on the first Saturday in May: Go baby, go!
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Cadillac
- Part number: 101066439
- Bottom Line: As a high-performance luxury sedan, the 2009 Cadillac CTS-V sets a benchmark. It's blisteringly fast and handles extraordinarily well, and offers an excellent set of cabin gadgets.
Basic car properties
- Body style Sedan
- Trim levels CTS-V
- Available Engine Gas
- Smart airbags Standard
- Antilock brakes Standard
- Traction control Standard
- Stability control Standard
- Roadside assistance Standard
- Adaptive cruise control Standard
- Rain-sensitive wipers Standard
- Satellite radio Standard
- Video entertainment system Optional
- Connection for portable MP3 sound system Standard
- MP3 CD-enabled sound system Standard
- Media hard-disk MP3 sound system Standard
- USB connection Standard
- Multizone climate control Standard
- Heated/cooled seats Standard
- Two-way security system Standard
- 12V power outlet Standard
- Drivetrain available Rear-drive
- Active suspension Standard
- Trip computer Standard
- Live traffic data Standard
- DVD navigation system (non-GPS) Optional
- Bluetooth phone interface Standard
- OnStar or other roadside assistance system Standard
- Home automation integration Standard
- Alpine CDE 103BT - radio / CD / MP3 player / USB flash player (33722476)264.98
- Alpine CDE 124SXM (34648083)192.95 - 229.95
- Alpine CDE HD138BT - radio / HD radio / CD / MP3 player / digital player (35175895)243.70 - 299.99
- Alpine PDX F4 - amplifier (34107900)317.00 - 499.99
- Alpine PDX-1.600M - amplifier (32901980)242.95 - 599.99
- Alpine X-Power MRX-F65 - amplifier (35187715)289.95 - 349.99
- Alpine TME S370 LCD monitor (33951709)249.00 - 299.99
- Audiovox LCM 5600 LCD monitor (30231895)295.00
- BOSS BV 10.1BGT DVD player / LCD monitor (34864700)278.99 - 343.00
- Alpine SPR 13S - car speaker (32400133)159.95
- Alpine Type-R SPR-17S - car speaker system (32400111)179.99
- Alpine Type-R SPR-50 - car speaker (34639554)104.99 - 199.99
- Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT (33712800)575.00
- Maylong GPS Navigation For Dummies Easy-to-Go ML-500 - GPS receiver (35099994)578.26
- Power Acoustik Ingenix PNX-761 navigation system with DVD player, LCD monitor, digital player and radio (35188591)537.17 - 681.01