Nikon N 55 - SLR camera - 35mm
Manufacturer: Nikon Inc. Part number: 1718
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 4.0 stars out of 6 reviews
- Nikon is a precision optical company with worldwide manufacturing, research and marketing capabilities. The Nikon name is equated with extraordinary photographic performance, innovation, precision and optical quality. PRODUCT FEATURES: Nikon's smallest and lightest 35mm SLR provides superior performance in a classic Nikon design with buttons and dials conveniently placed to facilitate use; Auto mode setting removes guesswork from picture ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/21/2013
by tetreb031 on September 29, 2005
Pros: Light camera, very dependable,solid body,good grip on camera,lot of options, good menu,easy access.
Cons: Lenses has a bit of cheap look, but perform great.
Summary: Very good and reliable camera for advanced amateur, student photographer but also good tool in hands of profi. Great prints, easy for handling. Very light and fit very well in ...
Summary: Very good and reliable camera for advanced amateur, student photographer but also good tool in hands of profi. Great prints, easy for handling. Very light and fit very well in hands. I'm very pleased with this camera. I'm student and so far I have great perfomance with this camera.Highly recommending this camera for anyone.
Lightweight, affordable, excellent photos
by soph0655 on June 8, 2005
Pros: Weight, battery life, lens, features, manual focus, speedlight, autofocus
Cons: Night setting
Summary: I took this camera with me on a trip to Europe and it's weight made it seem like it wasn't even there. It fit conveniently into a shoulder ...
Summary: I took this camera with me on a trip to Europe and it's weight made it seem like it wasn't even there. It fit conveniently into a shoulder bag I purchased from Best Buy (for $12!) and was like a new friend to take around with me.
The pictures turned out amazing. The indoor shots, unless you use a specific setting, may turn out a little blurry; I would suggest using the night setting in low light conditions. One problem, however, with the night setting, is that if your subject or you move during the picture taking, the picture will become very blurry. Keep still while taking it!!
The autofocus is the kicker on this camera; it is very accurate. The viewfinder is amazingly accurate.
The battery life on this camera is phenomenal. I left it on for about three days, a few times, and the battery is still on full power. The pictures are amazing, I would highly recommend this camera to anyone, from beginner to pro.
Pros: this camera is great for beginner to intermediate photographers who want to learn how to use/ get better at fully manual control while still being able to switch to automatic for those one-time shots. excellent value for it's capabilities and very easy t
Cons: I've taken over 50 rolls on mine and travelled several times with it and have found no exceptional cons.
Pros: I like this camera for the price.
Cons: Auto focus quite working after 17 rolls of film. Product bought at Walmart. In use 16 days.
Pros: Easy to use, great point and shoot , fast lens, lots of features, great photo quality, sleek design small and lightweight, awsome all around
BEST CAMERA OUT THERE!!!!
Pros: Small, light weight, great photo quality, easy to use, lots of features, takes great pictures, fast focus, nice lenses, sleek look! Just an all around good camera
Cons: None yet that i have discovered!
- Manufacturer: Nikon Inc.
- Part number: 1718
- Description: Nikon is a precision optical company with worldwide manufacturing, research and marketing capabilities. The Nikon name is equated with extraordinary photographic performance, innovation, precision and optical quality. PRODUCT FEATURES: Nikon's smallest and lightest 35mm SLR provides superior performance in a classic Nikon design with buttons and dials conveniently placed to facilitate use; Auto mode setting removes guesswork from picture taking. Five Vari-Program modes tailored to specific scenes and subjects, such as portrait, landscape, close-up, sports continuous, and night portrait; Large LCD panel with easy-to-read characters simplifies mode selection and monitoring; Complete selection of exposure modes including Auto-Multi Program, Shutter-Priority Auto, Aperture-Priority Auto, and Manual settings deliver precise exposure control, expanding creative potential; Exposure Compensation and Auto Exposure Bracketing are extremely helpful when shooting under complicated lighting situations, or when experimenting with different exposure settings; Full-time AF operation with every AF Nikkor lens. Nikon's exclusive Dynamic AF technology with Closest Subject Priority automatically selects corresponding AF sensors at 1.5 fps; World-class autofocus system features three separate AF areas, enabling wide horizontal coverage; Built-in Speedlight automatically pops up to fire in low-light or backlit conditions in Auto and Vari-Program Modes (except landscape and sports continuous). Comprehensive features include Slow Sync, Red Eye Reduction, and Red Eye Reduction with Slow Sync; Matrix Balanced Fill Flash fills in or eliminates shadows in bright-light situations and automatically balances foreground and background illuminations for stunning results; Other Controls - Exposure Compensation from +/- 2 EV in 1/2 EV steps, 3 Frame Auto Exposure Bracketing in 1/2 EV steps, Built-in Diopter, Multiple Exposure Control, and AF Assist Illuminator for low light shooting.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Camera Type SLR camera
- Enclosure Color Black,
- Localization English
- Camera Format 35mm
- Exposure Range 1/2000 sec - 30 sec
- Exposure Modes Manual,
- Exposure Metering 3D matrix,
- Exposure Compensation ±2 EV range, in 1/2 EV steps
- Exposure Metering Zones 5
- Auto Exposure Bracketing 3 steps in 1/2 EV step
- Shutter Control Electronic
- Shooting Modes Close-up,
- Auto Focus TTL phase detection
- Auto Focus Modes Single-shot,
- Auto Focus Points (Zones) 3
- Auto Focus Working Range EV -1-19
- Film Speed Range ISO 25 - 5000
- Film Advance Automatic
- Timer Functions Self timer
- Self Timer Delay 10 sec
- Status LCD Display Information Autofocus mode,
Film advance mode,
- Features Autoexposure lock,
- Flash Terminal Hot shoe
- Lens Mounting Nikon F
- Type Zoom lens - Detachable
- Lens Aperture F/3.3-5.6
- Focal Length 28 mm - 80 mm
- Min Focus Range 11.8 in
- Focus Adjustment Manual,
- Optical Zoom 2.9 x
- Max View Angle 74 degrees
- Lens Construction 6 group(s) / 6 element(s)
- Filter Size 58 mm
- Features Aspherical lens
- Type Fixed eye-level pentaprism
- Field Coverage 89%
- Magnification 0.68x
- Viewfinder Frames Autofocus frame
- Viewfinder Information Exposure compensation,
- Camera Flash Pop-up flash
- Flash Modes Fill-in mode ,
Auto mode ,
Flash OFF mode ,
Red-eye reduction ,
- Red Eye Reduction Yes
- Guide Number (m / ISO 100) 12
- Lens Coverage 28mm
- Features Red-eye reduction,
- Carrying Case None
- Tripod None
- Included Accessories Lens cap,
- Type Camera battery - CR2
- Technology Lithium
- Required Qty 2