BlackBerry Curve 8530 - black (Virgin Mobile)
Manufacturer: BlackBerry Part number: VMB853
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.0 stars out of 12 reviews
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/21/2013
CNET editors' take
Most people are forgetting it's a prepaid service.
by leviwarfel on December 17, 2010
Pros: Blackberry, Texting, Apps, 3G, Trackpad, WiFi.
Cons: Poor Battery Life.
Summary: What most poeple are forgetting is that this is a prepaid phone service, and their first Blackberry added to their line-up. Of course they're not going to be perfect. ...
Summary: What most poeple are forgetting is that this is a prepaid phone service, and their first Blackberry added to their line-up. Of course they're not going to be perfect. Plus, this isn't aimed towards previous Blackberry owners, but aimed for people who have had been with Virgin Mobile almost since the beginning. Like me for instance, I've only ever had Virgin Mobile phones. So this is a HUGE upgrade from my LG Rumor Touch. I'm so proud of my phone, especially because I can download apps. The only downside to this is the battery life, but I chose their Blackberry over there Intercept because I've heard their Intercept freezes a lot, and plus...IT'S A BLACKBERRY!
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
WON"T text with AT&T
by waitinggame on September 27, 2010
Pros: affordable phone and monthly cost, wifi, easy navigation
Cons: to many technical issues with virgin mobile service that remain unresolved to keep. must move on
Summary: I've had this phone for almost a month and I love it except I can not receive (nor have I ever been able to receive) any text messages from ...
Summary: I've had this phone for almost a month and I love it except I can not receive (nor have I ever been able to receive) any text messages from any person who has AT&T. They can receive mine. It is confirmed as a issue only with ALL virgin mobile blackberry phones. and all of the BB phones are having this problem for a long time. As per several forums for at least 2 months. I can not recommend this phone to anybody until they fix the text issue.
I held of getting 8530 till MMS was fixed but Virgin mobile has not publicized the AT&T text issue which is not the fault of AT&T. My contacts have already spoken with AT&T. Virgin Mobile deletes my question directed to these issues on resolution date and they are removed them from questions and answers forum page for BB 8530 at their web site. Virgin mobile has resolved most of the unable to receive MMS except for this one. This BB phone can not receive any picture messaging from the LG Rumor touch. Blackberry places it in SMS folder and shows as symbols and from 9999999999. They are aware of the issue with all the blackberries and can not comment on when it will get fixed. Their upper level tech support is contracted as a 3rd party and even the basic call in tech support is not allowed to speak to tier 3 other then email and wait 72 hrs for reply, then you have to call back to basic tech support to see what tier 3 said, give your reply and wait another 72 hrs and so forth.
If you are interested in this phone and have AT&T contacts, forewarned, call the tech support 888-322-1122 and ask if AT&T text issue has been resolved before purchasing. If they say they know nothing of the issue then ask them to ask somebody who knows about it.
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: BlackBerry
- Part number: VMB853
- Description: BlackBerry Curve 8500 series smartphones neatly fit in your hand. Comfortably send messages with the full QWERTY keyboard. The bright 320 x 240 pixel screen displays over 65,000 colors, and delivers a great viewing experience. Know where you stand - and where you're going. GPS on your BlackBerry Curve 8530 smartphone works with BlackBerry Maps. Pinpoint your location and get turn-by-turn directions to your destination.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Smartphone
- Form Factor Full keyboard
- Phone Design PDA
- Integrated Components Digital camera,
- Width 2.6 in
- Depth 0.59 in
- Height 4.06 in
- Weight 3.49 oz
- Body Color Black
- Technology CDMA2000 1X
- Band CDMA2000 1X 1900/800
- Service Provider Virgin Mobile
- Operating System BlackBerry Handheld Software
- Input Device(s) QWERTY keyboard
- Phone Navigation Buttons Trackball
Messaging & Internet
- Cellular Messaging Services MMS,
- Instant Messaging Services RIM BlackBerry VM Client
- Messaging & Data Features Text messages,
Multimedia messages (MMS),
- Data Transmission EV-DO
- Wireless Interface IEEE 802.11b/g,
Bluetooth 2.1 EDR
- Bluetooth Profiles Serial Port Profile (SPP),
Object Push Profile (OPP),
Hands Free Profile (HFP),
Headset Profile (HSP),
Dial-up Networking Profile (DUN),
Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP),
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP),
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Communication Features Internet browser,
Mobile Email client
- Phone Functions Call timer,
- Polyphonic Ringer Yes
- Polyphonic Ring Tone Voice Qty 32
- Ring Tone Formats MP3,
- Additional Features GPS,
- Personal Information Management Calendar,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards eAAC+,
- Supported Digital Video Standards MPEG-4,
- RAM 128 MB
- ROM 256 MB - Flash
- Supported Flash Memory Cards microSDHC
- Sensor Resolution 2 megapixels
- Focus Adjustment Focus free
- Digital Zoom 5
- Video Recorder Resolutions 176 x 144 (QCIF),
320 x 240 (QVGA)
- GPS Navigation A-GPS receiver
- Type LCD display
- Technology TFT Transmissive
- Diagonal Size 2.5 in
- Display Resolution 320 x 240 pixels
- Color Depth 16-bit (65000 colors)
- Technology Lithium ion
- Capacity 1150 mAh
- Run Time Details Talk - up to 270 min,
Standby - up to 252 hour(s)
- Compliant Standards HAC(Hearing Aid Compatible)
- Included Accessories Power adapter , Power adapter