HTC Desire HD (unlocked)
Manufacturer: HTC Part number: DESIRE
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 3.5 stars out of 6 reviews
- Yesterday's tiny screens and squeaky sound couldn't do justice to all the great stuff you can experience on today's HTC Desire HD. That's why they've fitted the HTC Desire HD with a huge cinematic 4.3-inch display, Dolby Mobile and SRS virtual surround sound. Websites, videos, music, games and apps really rock on your HTC ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 08/19/2014
Bad battery life bad browsers doesn't remember settings
by dipuislam on July 18, 2011
Pros: HD video is good but awful sound recording
Cons: Bad battery life, bad browsers, often doesn't remember settings, awful
Summary: I had an iphone and wanted to get a android device, HTC was supposed to make the best Android and their Desire HD looked really appealing. SO bot it for ...
Summary: I had an iphone and wanted to get a android device, HTC was supposed to make the best Android and their Desire HD looked really appealing. SO bot it for around 800SGD and made the biggest mistake.
Here are the few of the bads-
1. If you are out on a street and look at the map which I have to do a lot, within 30mins the phone will be dead from full battery life. And in stand by mode even I dont us the phone I will have to charge it twice everyday to keep it on. Most often it turns itself off and people can't reach me.
2. The browser is clumsy, it doesn't render pages right and the touch operation is awful. To fill in the text field of a form it does all funny things.. it will tey to zoom in to that specific field and will not zoom back, if you try to move around with touching the finger it will take you in a blank space of the browser, it will not do automatic screen rotation even after shaking the device for 2-3 times, if you think you had enough it will not close after tapping the home button many times!
3. Doesn't remember the settings of face book. email, alarm or weather... and as it turns of frequently, I have to keep doing it several times a day... and its a new phone 1 month old.
4. The video recording looks impressive but don;t expect to understand what its saying.
I can go on an on.. but anyone planning to buy this.. think again.. especially if you held an iphone before.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
by CharlieMathews on December 4, 2011
Pros: Fast, reliable, beautiful metal design.
Cons: Mediocre battery life.
Summary: Beautiful phone. I would no longer recommend it but when I owned it in early 2011 It was the best on the market. Superb design coupled with what used be ...
Summary: Beautiful phone. I would no longer recommend it but when I owned it in early 2011 It was the best on the market. Superb design coupled with what used be be considered amazing performance.
perfect but for the review noted poor battery life
by mmpfrb on March 10, 2011
Pros: everything but poosible poor battery life
Cons: battery life ? Android choice seems better than Apple
I would recommend this phone as a leading smartphone
by asrobertson on February 14, 2011
Pros: Great large touch screen, fantastic linking of your contacts with email, Facebook etc. Call quality is crystal clear.
Cons: Too big for my pocket, but I chose the large screen so was prepared for this. Battery life only lasts a day.
Summary: For me, I needed a phone that functioned like a laptop. I wanted fast internet access, good touch screen interface, and the ability to manage my contacts and communicate easily ...
Summary: For me, I needed a phone that functioned like a laptop. I wanted fast internet access, good touch screen interface, and the ability to manage my contacts and communicate easily and quickly via talking, email or messaging. This phone ticked all the boxes for me. It is a pleasure to use. Regarding the battery life, I have now altered the synching settings as when you are constantly synching a few different email accounts, FB, the weather, newsfeeds, this is going to chew up your battery power!
I have only had the phone for 3 days now but have not experienced any bugs as yet.
Call quality is fantastic, and the speakers for calls are really good. Listening to music using the phones' speakers is not so good - quite "tinny" but maybe there is a mixer somewhere where i can play with this.
A great phone for the price! Would definitely recommend. Have given it 4.5 as things can always be better eh?
Fast, powerful and runs froyo.
by ksquare94 on December 29, 2010
Pros: Aluminium unibody design, 8MP flasher takes nice shots even in macro mode, fast 1GHz processor runs smoothly even while running a lot of applications in the background,
Cons: Some might instantly reject it for being too large, update to 2.3 might be delayed due to integration of Sense UI.
powerful, pretty but experienced lots of bugs
by jk6959 on October 25, 2010
Pros: looks great, feels solid and great personalisation with Android & Sense. Loads flash movies quicker than my laptop, screen is great for reading articles
Cons: Software seems to be buggy, had it mess up a few times each day and battery life is poor.
Summary: If software bugs were sorted out I'd give this a 4/5 - it misses out on perfect due to weak battery life (you'll need to recharge every ...
Summary: If software bugs were sorted out I'd give this a 4/5 - it misses out on perfect due to weak battery life (you'll need to recharge every day if you actually use it) and although the screen is nice - it just doesn't come near the Galaxy-S or iPhone IPS screens.
- Manufacturer: HTC
- Part number: DESIRE
- Description: Yesterday's tiny screens and squeaky sound couldn't do justice to all the great stuff you can experience on today's HTC Desire HD. That's why they've fitted the HTC Desire HD with a huge cinematic 4.3-inch display, Dolby Mobile and SRS virtual surround sound. Websites, videos, music, games and apps really rock on your HTC Desire HD. Tired of waiting - and paying - as maps slowly download? Get there faster. The HTC Desire HD delivers maps with zero wait, zero dead spots and zero data roaming fees. Have trouble knowing which way to turn when using a map? Relax. Maps on the HTC Desire HD always point you in the right direction. Need an ATM, a gas station or a quick bite to eat? With HTC Desire HD all the top spots appear right on your home screen.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Smartphone
- Form Factor Touch
- Phone Design PDA
- Integrated Components GPS receiver,
- Width 2.68 in
- Depth 0.46 in
- Height 4.84 in
- Weight 5.78 oz
- Technology WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM
- Band WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Mobile Broadband Generation 3G
- Service Provider Unlocked
- Operating System Android 2.2 OS
- User Interface HTC Sense
- Application Software Adobe Flash Player 10.1
- Input Device(s) Touch sensitive screen , Capacitive
Messaging & Internet
- Cellular Messaging Services MMS,
- Supported Social Networks and Blogs Twitter,
- Messaging & Data Features Microsoft PowerPoint support,
Microsoft Excel support,
Microsoft Word support,
- Mobile Services YouTube,
- Data Transmission GPRS,
- Wireless Interface Bluetooth 2.1 EDR,
- Bluetooth Profiles Serial Port Profile (SPP),
Object Push Profile (OPP),
Hands Free Profile (HFP),
Headset Profile (HSP),
File Transfer Profile (FTP),
Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP),
Generic Access Profile (GAP),
Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP),
Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP),
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP),
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Communication Features Internet browser,
Mobile Email client
- Phone Functions Call timer,
- Polyphonic Ringer Yes
- Sensors Proximity sensor,
Ambient light sensor,
- Additional Features DLNA Certified,
- Personal Information Management Synchronization with PC,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards M4A,
- Supported Digital Video Standards MPEG-4,
- Type QUALCOMM MSM8255
- Clock Speed 1 GHz
- RAM 768 MB
- User Memory 1.5 GB
- Supported Flash Memory Cards microSDHC
- Sensor Resolution 8 megapixels
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Camera Light Source LED light
- Video Recorder Resolutions 1280 x 720 (720p)
- Digital Video Formats 3gp
- Features Video recording,
- GPS Navigation A-GPS receiver
- Navigation Software & Services Google Maps
- Type LCD display - Color
- Technology TFT
- Diagonal Size 4.3 in
- Display Resolution 800 x 480 pixels
- Connector Type Micro-USB,
Headset jack - Mini-phone 3.5 mm
- Technology Lithium ion
- Capacity 1230 mAh
- Run Time Details Talk ( GSM ) - up to 550 min,
Talk ( WCDMA ) - up to 320 min,
Standby ( GSM ) - up to 420 hour(s),
Standby ( WCDMA ) - up to 490 hour(s)
- Included Accessories Power adapter , Power adapter
- Also Included microSDHC - 8 GB