LG Esteem (MetroPCS)
Manufacturer: LG Part number: ESTEEMMETRO
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/18/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $200.00
- Reviewed by: Jessica Dolcourt
- Reviewed on: 10/10/2011
The good: The LG Esteem runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread, taps into MetroPCS' 4G LTE network, and has an impressive pair of front-and-rear-facing cameras.
The bad: Bulky and heavy, the LG Esteem's worst offense is its poor battery life. Its slow data speeds keep it from working well outside of MetroPCS' 4G LTE territory.
The bottom line: Specs-wise, the LG Esteem is MetroPCS' fastest and most advanced phone, but its dismal battery life is a terrible disservice.
Great phone, performs all around
by Jsizemore on October 14, 2011
Pros: Hd display, runs 4g, no contract. does everything, gorilla glass
Cons: Batter Life stunk (Juice defender gives me twice the battery life though)
Summary: I love this phone. cameras work great, apps for everything. just wish their was a otterbox case for it. oh yea gorilla glass so its one tough phone try and ...
Summary: I love this phone. cameras work great, apps for everything. just wish their was a otterbox case for it. oh yea gorilla glass so its one tough phone try and break the screen not going to happen. hit it with a hammer... nothing. I didnt do this I saw a demostration at a verizon store they also sell this phone under a diff name
Nice phone in the Metro 4G
by Nestor_GM on October 3, 2011
Pros: Decent phone with 1GHz processor, front and rear camera, android 2.3. Fast and high quality image.
Cons: Battery could be better, but I just to have to charge my old phone twice a day.
Summary: At $249 after mail in rebate this phone is amazing. I was playing with the MetroStudio and it work fine on their 4G. Also video chat is a nice feature ...
Summary: At $249 after mail in rebate this phone is amazing. I was playing with the MetroStudio and it work fine on their 4G. Also video chat is a nice feature with this phone. I just want to see how it works on my TV with the miniHDMI, but I haven't buy it jet.I just Bough the HDMI cable and it work nice in my 32in TV streaming Netflix and playing Angry Bird. Beside I download the Kindle App, and I am having fun reading on my phone. Rhapsody is awesome!!!
Updated on Oct 13, 2011
A 250$ brick
by martykat on February 2, 2012
Pros: Well, it looked nice out of the box
Cons: Buggy, reboots itself all day long, has a mind of its own. You can't use it as a phone. Might make a good paperweight.
Summary: This has no pros. Out of the box, it began rebooting itslef 10-20 times a day - usually one minute into every phone call. I called Metro pcs. They told ...
Summary: This has no pros. Out of the box, it began rebooting itslef 10-20 times a day - usually one minute into every phone call. I called Metro pcs. They told me that the phone couldn't be returned once I logged in 60 minutes of talk time. Translation: they know they have a bad phone and want to avoid an avalanche of returns. They offered to replace it - but there were none available. I would have to wait for weeks, possibly months for a new phone. I did research on the web and found out that this is a common problem, the phone is not fixable, a promised update never happened, and now I am out 250 dollars. If you get a replacement, it will be someone else's refurbished phone - still with the bugs. Tried talking to Metro pcs and quickly learned that MEtro pcs does not care about its customers or reputation. They cater to a certain clientele looking for cheap unlimited phone service who can't afford to go anywhere else. After hours of aggravation I knew I had to simply swallow the 250$ loss and move on to a reputable phone company and a great phone (motorola photon). Go ahead and try this if you can handle the stress and losing that amount of money. I have my health and sanity to worry about.
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
A great 4g phone without the contact!!!
by BK_Slumlord on October 1, 2011
Pros: The best metro pcs phone to date!
Cons: Not the best battery best i heard you can get an expanded battery.
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
No $100 Rebate. Actual cost $349. Bit of a let down...
by kradkeburns on September 30, 2011
Pros: Nice Phone
Cons: I checked live on line and also at one of their retail stores. There is NO $100 rebate. The cost of the phone is $349.
They could offer me no explanation.
Summary: Waite and See...
Summary: Waite and See...
0 out of 6 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: LG
- Part number: ESTEEMMETRO
- Description: LG Esteem provides an unparalleled Internet and entertainment consumer experience, capturing and sharing multimedia with 720p HD video recording, allowing users to watch videos and images on the handset's brilliant 4.3" WVGA screen or via micro-HDMI port and DLNA streaming HD content directly to home entertainment units. It comes with 2-megapixel front-facing camera and pre-loaded Google Talk Application for a personal face-to-face video calling experience.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Smartphone (Android OS)
- Form Factor Touch
- Phone Design PDA
- Resistance Scratch resistant glass
- Integrated Components GPS receiver,
- Width 2.6 in
- Depth 0.5 in
- Height 5 in
- Weight 6.1 oz
- Technology CDMA2000 1X
- Band CDMA2000 1X 1900/800 / AWS 1700/2100
- Mobile Broadband Generation 4G
- Service Provider metroPCS
- Operating System Google Android 2.3
- Application Software ASTRO,
Polaris Office 3.0
- Input Device(s) Touch sensitive screen , Capacitive
Messaging & Internet
- Cellular Messaging Services MMS,
- Instant Messaging Services Google Talk
- Supported Email Protocols POP3,
- Supported Social Networks and Blogs Twitter,
- Messaging & Data Features Microsoft PowerPoint support,
Microsoft Excel support,
Microsoft Word support,
- Mobile Services MetroSTUDIO,
MetroPCS Easy Wi-Fi,
- Data Transmission EV-DO
- Wireless Interface LTE,
- Bluetooth Profiles Object Push Profile (OPP),
Hands Free Profile (HFP),
Headset Profile (HSP),
File Transfer Profile (FTP),
Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP),
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP),
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Communication Features Internet browser,
Mobile Email client
- Phone Functions Voice control,
- Ring Tones 47
- Polyphonic Ringer Yes
- Sensors Digital compass,
Ambient light sensor
- Additional Features DLNA Certified,
Dual LED camera light,
Sharing media via DLNA,
Text-to-Speech (text recognition),
Intelligent typing (SWYPE)
- Personal Information Management Alarm clock,
Synchronization with PC,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards M4A,
- Supported Digital Video Standards MPEG-4,
- Type QUALCOMM Snapdragon
- Clock Speed 1 GHz
- RAM 512 MB
- Bult-in Memory 5 GB
- User Memory 5 GB
- Supported Flash Memory Cards - up to 32 GB
- Sensor Resolution 5 megapixels
- Still Image Resolutions 320 x 240,
2048 x 1536,
1280 x 960,
1600 x 1200,
2592 x 1944,
640 x 480
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Digital Zoom 3.2
- Self Timer Delay 10 sec,
- Special Effects Negative,
- White Balance Automatic,
- Camera Light Source LED light
- Video Recorder Resolutions 176 x 144 (QCIF),
640 x 480 (VGA),
1280 x 720 (720p),
320 x 240 (QVGA)
- Features Geo-tagging,
- GPS Navigation A-GPS receiver - Simultaneous GPS (S-GPS)
- Navigation Software & Services MetroNavigator,
- Type LCD display - Color
- Technology TFT
- Diagonal Size 4.3 in
- Display Resolution 800 x 480 pixels
- Color Depth 18-bit (262000 Colors)
- Multi-language Menu Yes
- Display Languages English,
- Features Scratch resistant glass,
- Connector Type HDMI,
Headset jack - Mini-phone 3.5 mm
- Technology Lithium ion
- Capacity 1500 mAh
- Run Time Details Talk ( CDMA ) - up to 210 min,
Standby ( CDMA ) - up to 200 hour(s)
- Compliant Standards HAC(Hearing Aid Compatible)
- Included Accessories Power adapter , Power adapter
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year