Motorola Defy (T-Mobile)
Manufacturer: Motorola Part number: 2001640
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/12/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $81.48
- Reviewed by: Nicole Lee
- Reviewed on: 11/03/2010
The good: The Motorola Defy is tough enough to withstand everyday hazards with its tough Gorilla glass and rugged exterior. Features include a 5-megapixel camera, a music player, Wi-Fi calling, and GPS, and it ships with Android 2.1. Call quality is excellent.
The bad: The Motorola Defy doesn't take very good pictures and its rough-and-tumble aesthetic isn't for everyone. We also wished we didn't have to activate the Motoblur account to use the phone.
The bottom line: The Motorola Defy is a great midtier Android smartphone, especially for those who need a phone to be a little more protected against life's everyday mishaps.
I love this phone
Pros: The size and that it has Gorillaglas and motoblur
Cons: Battery life
by nalisio on January 13, 2011
Pros: water resistant
Cons: This is actually the 2nd Defy I've owned. The first one had problems with the video so they exchanged it at the store. However, this one is CONSTANTLY freezing up when I browse through my contact list & it won't let me even make phone calls sometimes
Summary: This phone also seems to have erased all of my contacts. The representatives at the store said it has some sort of issue with synching contacts. They couldn't tell ...
Summary: This phone also seems to have erased all of my contacts. The representatives at the store said it has some sort of issue with synching contacts. They couldn't tell me what exactly was going on with the phone or WHY it was happening and yet their solution was to replace this phone with the EXACT same phone (which would make that my 3rd Motorola Defy phone in a month...no thanks). I've been having problems from the get-go and I've been in and out of the store a NUMBER of times. Each time someone would try to troubleshoot it and tell me that the issue is something different than what the last person said. I wanted to get my money back but they kept telling me just to try something different (and I did). I haven't even had the phone for a month but I'm past the 14 day warranty (thanks to me trying their advice) and they won't give me my money back. This is a joke! I've been with the company for over 8yrs butif that's the best they can do it looks like it's time to try a new company. I would NOT recommend this phone to ANYONE!!
Does what is says on the tin
by Missmarie87 on November 19, 2010
Pros: Its a good phone, you can pretty much do everyting you need too,.voice activation is cool, if it undertands yur accent, nice size and very light to hold,
Cons: i dont think the internet is a good as my old one doesnt go as fast, and the camera which i was looking forward isnt very good, flash makes you look terrible,
Summary: Its a good phone, for its price, net is slower than my old one but therefore could be the area you never know, the camera is a dissapoitment, i swayed ...
Summary: Its a good phone, for its price, net is slower than my old one but therefore could be the area you never know, the camera is a dissapoitment, i swayed to this camera becasue it had flash and is ment to be 5mp it makes you look shiny and ghastly really its not good, its very touch sensative, but overall i like it its a good phone.
BEWARE! ! WARRANTY DOESN'T COVER WATER RESISTANCE
by techlvr200 on September 10, 2011
Pros: Great idea. Even better advertising.
Cons: This product does not live up to its claims of water resistance. The flimsy plastic back with no rubber seal is not adequate to protect this phone from water damage. And, of course, the warranty does not cover water damage!
Summary: After just 4 months of owning this phone it stopped working. I always used it according to the manufacturer's instructions...always kept the back locked and the ports closed ...
Summary: After just 4 months of owning this phone it stopped working. I always used it according to the manufacturer's instructions...always kept the back locked and the ports closed with the rubber stoppers. Yet after being submerged in water for less than a minute no more than 6 or 7 times, the phone stopped working.
I believe the weakest link is the flimsy plastic back. It merely clicks in place like every other phone. No rubber seal. The plastic is not strong enough to create a suction when you lock it either. Just a slight curve in the thin plastic and your phone has no barrier agains water.
Don't be fooled by all the free advertising technology reviewers are giving Motorola. Yes the first time it is dipped in water it will probably survive. But Motorola (nor t-mobile) are willing to back up the claims that you can drop it in the toilet and YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY.
It's not dust-proof either. Merely keeping it in your pocket will fill the crevices and battery area with dust.
DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE FOR ITS ADVERTISED QUALITIES. You will still have to keep this phone far away from water if you don't want to have to buy a new one.
0 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Motorola
- Part number: 2001640
- Description: DEFY with Motorola is ready for everything life throws your way. It's water-resistant and dustproof, with plenty of entertainment options; and, with MOTOBLUR, it automatically delivers messages and status updates right to your home screen.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Smartphone
- Form Factor Touch
- Phone Design PDA
- Resistance Scratch resistant glass,
- Integrated Components GPS receiver,
- Width 2.3 in
- Depth 0.5 in
- Height 4.2 in
- Weight 4.6 oz
- SAR Value 1.09 W/kg
- Technology WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM
- Band WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Mobile Broadband Generation 3G
- Service Provider T-Mobile
- Operating System Google Android 2.1
- User Interface Motorola MOTOBLUR
- Application Software Adobe Flash Lite 3
- Input Device(s) Touch sensitive screen (multi-touch)
Messaging & Internet
- Cellular Messaging Services MMS,
- Instant Messaging Services Google Talk
- Supported Email Protocols POP3,
- Supported Social Networks and Blogs MySpace,
- Messaging & Data Features Text messages,
- Mobile Services YouTube,
- Data Transmission GPRS,
- Wireless Interface Bluetooth 2.1 EDR,
- Bluetooth Profiles Serial Port Profile (SPP),
Object Push Profile (OPP),
Personal Area Networking Profile (PAN),
Hands Free Profile (HFP),
Headset Profile (HSP),
Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP),
Human Interface Device Profile (HID),
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP),
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Communication Features Internet browser,
Mobile Email client
- Phone Functions Voice control,
- Polyphonic Ringer Yes
- Ring Tone Formats AAC,
- Sensors Proximity sensor,
Ambient light sensor,
- Additional Features CrystalTalk PLUS technology (noise reduction),
Intelligent typing (iTAP),
Software updates FOTA (Firmware Over The Air),
- Personal Information Management Synchronization with PC,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards eAAC+,
- Supported Digital Video Standards MPEG-4,
- Clock Speed 800 MHz
- RAM 512 MB
- ROM 2 GB
- Supported Flash Memory Cards microSDHC - up to 32 GB
- Sensor Resolution 5 megapixels
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Camera Light Source LED light
- Features Video recording,
- GPS Navigation A-GPS receiver
- Navigation Software & Services Google Maps
- Type LCD display - Color
- Technology TFT
- Diagonal Size 3.7 in
- Display Resolution 480 x 854 pixels
- Features Wallpaper,
Scratch resistant glass
- Connector Type Micro-USB,
Headset jack - Mini-phone 3.5 mm
- Technology Lithium ion
- Capacity 1540 mAh
- Run Time Details Standby - up to 238 hour(s)
- Compliant Standards HAC(Hearing Aid Compatible)
- Included Accessories Power adapter , Power adapter
- Also Included microSD - 2 GB