Motorola Droid Razr HD - black (Verizon)
Manufacturer: Motorola Part number: DROIDRAZRHD16GB
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $25!
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/22/2013
| || || |
as of 05/22/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $99.99 - $599.99
- Reviewed by: Brian Bennett
- Reviewed on: 10/17/2012
The good: The Motorola Droid Razr HD offers fast performance, a big eye-popping screen, and luxurious design. It also has great call quality and satisfying 4G speeds.
The bad: The Droid Razr HD’s Achilles' heel is a camera that produces subpar images. The phone is loaded with Verizon bloatware, too.
The bottom line: Motorola’s lovely new Droid Razr HD is fast and thin, but its weak camera should make mobile shutterbugs wary.
Loving every minute! Fast, sleek and modern.
by sidpad on October 23, 2012
Pros: Shape, Pixel strenght, 4G, Camera(despite the reviews onine- put a piture from this on FB that got 100 comments/likes ), Looong battery.
Cons: Non removable battery- had a spare battery charged always for Droid X that makes it convinient not to be hooked.
Summary: I was never planning to get an upgrade fearing loss of unlimited data plan and did not know Moto had launched this. So not waiting for this device to launch.. ...
Summary: I was never planning to get an upgrade fearing loss of unlimited data plan and did not know Moto had launched this. So not waiting for this device to launch.. I bought this after some quick research. With no hype backing, am just loving this device. Aboslutely A notch, am not a fan of Apple and do not like non-American products.. think Moto is in a class above.My Droid X was solid as well, an hoping for a few years with Rzr HD
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Huge Disappointment! Nothing like the original RAZR.
by DimmieA on February 5, 2013
Pros: All Kevlar back is really handy and scratch resistant.
The metal band around the phone is not in my taste, but I'm sure most will like it.
Cons: Worse screen that the RAZR(side by side comparison shows much worse contrasts).
Heavier and thicker.
Slower than the RAZR!
Camera is worse.
Lots Android features went the iPhone way.
Summary: Much worse screen that the predecessor (side by side comparison shows much worse contrasts). You may not notice by itself, but I was unlucky to put them side by side ...
Summary: Much worse screen that the predecessor (side by side comparison shows much worse contrasts). You may not notice by itself, but I was unlucky to put them side by side with my old RAZR (while back-upping) and it was striking.
Heavy and thick without the battery being noticeably better.
Slow and laggy. Apps open slower than on the original RAZR. That is not something you would expect and doesn't make any sense.
The camera is horrible. Often out of focus and you can't switch the shutter noise off anymore. I've literally tried for 15 minutes to take a picture of an object up close and have finally given up and fired up my old RAZR to take it.
The notification ringtones and melodies from the RAZR are gone and you can't get them back (easily) without rooting the device.
A lot of good Android features went the iPhone way and you cannot get them back without rooting your phone.
The original DROID RAZR was the envy of all of my iPhone friends. They borrowed it from me to take photos, often took and played with it, while sighing. Some even switched to Android because of it.
Now Motorola produced an iPhone copy (metal band, home screen at the left, less bottom buttons...) and kinda proved Apple right with all the lawsuits. Sad...
I have finally given up and went back to my RAZR today. It's really a tough decision to make and that's why I went and am writing this.
1 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Good solid smartphone
by malenb12 on February 8, 2013
Pros: It has a better screen, longer battery life, much faster processor, and better scratch protection. The voice recognition, easily accessable, works well and has saved me from typing my questions or commands. The phone is just easier to use.
Cons: Camera is not as good as the Droid X. Music fans will not be pleased with the phone speaker.
Summary: I really wasn't planning on trading in my Droid X, but a special at Costco and the thought of 4G (instead of 3G)changed my mind. I'm glad ...
Summary: I really wasn't planning on trading in my Droid X, but a special at Costco and the thought of 4G (instead of 3G)changed my mind. I'm glad I did. Except for the camera, the Razr HD is better in every way to the Droid X. Dare I say it? This phone is fun.
- Manufacturer: Motorola
- Part number: DROIDRAZRHD16GB
- Description: At a mere 8.4 mm thin DROID RAZR HD is the world's most compact 4.7" smartphone. Yet it still has more features, more battery, and more detail-dripping display than competing LTE smartphones. Turn-by-turn directions, voice-activated text messaging, long hours of performance, and a full 4.7" of high def viewing area, all in a phone as thin as half a deck of cards. DROID RAZR HD - it's design innovation from every angle.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Smartphone
- Form Factor Touch
- Resistance Splashproof,
Gorilla Glass (scratch resistant glass)
- Integrated Components Wi-Fi hotspot,
- Width 2.67 in
- Depth 0.33 in
- Height 5.19 in
- Weight 5.15 oz
- Body Color Black
- Image Color Disclaimer The image of the product displayed may be of a different color
- Body Material KEVLAR
- SAR Value 0.46 W/kg (body) / 1.56 W/kg (head)
- Technology LTE
- Band WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900 / CDMA2000 1X 1900/800
- Mobile Broadband Generation 4G
- Service Provider Verizon Wireless
- Operating System Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Application Software Quickoffice,
My Verizon Mobile
- Input Device(s) Touch sensitive screen (multi-touch)
Messaging & Internet
- Cellular Messaging Services MMS,
- Instant Messaging Services Google+ Messenger,
- Supported Email Protocols POP3,
- Supported Social Networks and Blogs Facebook,
- Messaging & Data Features Microsoft PowerPoint support,
Microsoft Excel support,
Microsoft Word support
- Mobile Services MSN Hotmail,
Google Play Music,
Google Play Books,
Backup Assistant Plus,
Verizon Visual Voice Mail,
- Data Transmission GPRS,
- LTE Band LTE Band 13
- Data Transmission Operating Frequency LTE 700
- Wireless Interface NFC,
- Bluetooth Profiles Serial Port Profile (SPP),
Object Push Profile (OPP),
Hands Free Profile (HFP),
Headset Profile (HSP),
Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP),
Human Interface Device Profile (HID),
Message Access Profile (MAP)
- Communication Features Internet browser,
Mobile Email client
- Phone Functions Voice control,
- Sensors Proximity sensor,
Ambient light sensor,
- Additional Features DLNA Certified,
Intelligent typing (SWYPE)
- Personal Information Management Synchronization with PC,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards eAAC+,
- Supported Digital Video Standards VC-1,
- Clock Speed 1.5 GHz
- Processor Core Qty Dual Core
- RAM 1 GB
- Bult-in Memory 16 GB
- User Memory 12 GB
- Supported Flash Memory Cards microSDHC - up to 32 GB
- Sensor Resolution 8 megapixels
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Digital Zoom 8
- Camera Light Source LED light
- Video Recorder Resolutions 1920 x 1080 (1080p)
- Features Video recording
- GPS Navigation A-GPS/GLONASS receiver - Simultaneous GPS (S-GPS)
- Navigation Software & Services Google Maps,
Google Maps Street View,
Google Maps Navigation
- Type OLED display - Color
- Technology Super AMOLED
- Diagonal Size 4.7 in
- Display Resolution 1280 x 720 pixels
- Connector Type Headset jack - Mini-phone 3.5 mm,
- Technology Lithium polymer
- Capacity 2530 mAh
- Compliant Standards HAC(Hearing Aid Compatible)
- Included Accessories Power adapter