Nokia 808 PureView (unlocked)
Manufacturer: Nokia Part number: 808PUREVIEW
- Bottom Line:
- Even if you're only interested in its sharp, innovative camera, the Nokia 808 PureView's weak Symbian Belle OS and slower processor make it a questionable investment considering the price, especially since Symbian's days are numbered.
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Amazon.com Marketplace|| || || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 05/20/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $749.00
- Reviewed by: Jessica Dolcourt
- Reviewed on: 08/10/2012
- Released on: 06/13/2012
The good: The Nokia 808 PureView's excellent, envelope-pushing 41-megapixel camera will satisfy photo enthusiasts. It also has strong battery life, an HDMI port, and steady call quality.
The bad: A slower processor doesn't match the 808 PureView's camera prowess, and it's saddled with a bulky body, a cramped virtual keyboard, and software that's behind the curve.
The bottom line: Even if you're only interested in its sharp, innovative camera, the Nokia 808 PureView's weak Symbian Belle OS and slower processor make it a questionable investment considering the price, especially since Symbian's days are numbered.
Does everything that I want with ease and I like it.
by CharleyFargo on December 21, 2012
Pros: Watching the HDMI video on my 51" Samsung TV is a real treat as is flicking through the photo gallery on the TV. The camera knocks the spots off the SLR and video camera that I have to such an extent that I never use them now. The bragging power.
Cons: Bad press from reviewers who have never had a phone or work for another phone supplier. The Nokia site that upgrades on a regular basis and appears to operate differently every time you go there. It's in love with the net and needs to be controlled.
Summary: Didn't fancy any other Nokia because of Windows OS. I used an HTC for 2 months with Windows OS and it literally drove me around the bend. I'm ...
Summary: Didn't fancy any other Nokia because of Windows OS. I used an HTC for 2 months with Windows OS and it literally drove me around the bend. I'm going to give it to someone I really hate.
I did consider the Samsung Galaxy 3 but it was so fragile I thought I'd break it. Most of my stuff is Samsung. I was over the moon when I saw the 808 specs and went out and got one. I was not disappointed; it's solid and does everything I want with ease.
The rubbish said about this phone is very similar to what was said about the N8 that I had. If that was so crap then why was it stolen?
The keyboard does take a "FEW DAYS" to get used to, but after that it is a dream especially the way that the auto correct works.
No Flash support, no Windows 8 update, no dice.
by aborelli on August 6, 2012
Pros: Nice screen, very fast.
Cons: No Flash so I'm limited to sites that I can visit; data connection problems are common; Windows 8 and all future upgrades won't be supported; camera images are grainy and dark; many popular games not supported (Draw Something, Words With Friends)
Summary: Just feel like I did some research and found a lot of glowing reviews about a phone that had a 6 month shelf life. I get that technology is ever ...
Summary: Just feel like I did some research and found a lot of glowing reviews about a phone that had a 6 month shelf life. I get that technology is ever changing, but you hope that your 2 year commitment with no upgrade during that time will get you a device that can, you know, upgrade. As it stands with no Flash support, inferior navigation system, low quality camera, lack of popular games, and erratic data connection, this may be Nokia's final attempt at relevance gone horribly wrong.
0 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Nokia
- Part number: 808PUREVIEW
- Description: With its groundbreaking 41-megapixel image quality, Carl Zeiss lens, and PureView imaging technology, you'll take the best photos ever with a smartphone. For example, when you want a 5-megapixel photo, PureView packs the goodness of 7 pixels into 1 for sharp, clear, and ready to share photos. Get an amazing entertainment experience everywhere. Nokia 808 PureView features Dolby Headphone, exclusive to Nokia smartphones. With Dolby Headphone you can get Dolby surround sound from any stereo headphones. Enjoy superb surround sound quality with movies, music.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Smartphone
- Form Factor Touch
- Phone Design PDA
- Resistance Gorilla Glass (scratch resistant glass)
- Integrated Components GPS receiver,
- Width 2.37 in
- Depth 0.55 in
- Height 4.88 in
- Weight 5.96 oz
- Image Color Disclaimer The image of the product displayed may be of a different color
- SAR Value 1.23 W/kg
- Technology WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM
- Band WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Mobile Broadband Generation 3G
- Service Provider Unlocked
- Operating System Symbian Belle
- Software Platforms Supported Java,
Java MIDP 2.1
- Application Software Adobe Flash Lite 4
- Input Device(s) Touch sensitive screen (multi-touch) , Capacitive
Messaging & Internet
- Cellular Messaging Services MMS,
- Instant Messaging Services Nokia Messaging 3.1
- Supported Email Protocols SMTP,
- Supported Social Networks and Blogs Twitter,
- Messaging & Data Features Microsoft PowerPoint support,
Microsoft Excel support,
Zip Manager support,
Microsoft Word support,
Adobe Flash support
- Mobile Services YouTube,
- Data Transmission GPRS,
- Wireless Interface NFC,
- WLAN Security TKIP,
- Bluetooth Profiles Serial Port Profile (SPP),
Object Push Profile (OPP),
Hands Free Profile (HFP),
Headset Profile (HSP),
Dial-up Networking Profile (DUN),
File Transfer Profile (FTP),
Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP),
Basic Imaging Profile (BIP),
Service Discovery Protocol (SDP),
Generic Access Profile (GAP),
Generic Object Exchange Profile (GOEP),
SIM Access Profile (SAP),
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP),
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Communication Features Internet browser,
Mobile Email client
- Phone Functions Voice control,
- Sensors Magnetometer,
Ambient light sensor
- Additional Features DLNA Certified,
Software updates FOTI (Firmware Over The Internet),
OpenGL 2.0 support,
Software updates FOTA (Firmware Over The Air),
Built-in FM transmitter,
OpenVG 1.1 support,
Radio Data Service (RDS)
- Personal Information Management Alarm clock,
Synchronization with PC,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards Real Audio,
- Supported Digital Video Standards RealVideo,
- Type ARM ARM11
- Clock Speed 1.3 GHz
- RAM 512 MB
- ROM 1 GB
- Bult-in Memory 16 GB
- User Memory 16 GB
- Supported Flash Memory Cards microSDHC - up to 32 GB
- Sensor Resolution 41 megapixels
- Still Image Resolutions 7152 x 5368,
7728 x 4354,
7728 x 5368,
3072 x 1728
- Lens Aperture F/2.4
- Min Focal Length 8 mm
- Focus Adjustment Manual,
- Digital Zoom 12
- Self Timer Delay Yes
- Camera Light Source Flash
- Video Recorder Resolutions 1920 x 1080 (1080p),
640 x 360 (nHD),
1280 x 720 (720p)
- Features Geo-tagging,
Pureview Pro imaging technology,
Tap to focus,
Carl Zeiss optic,
- GPS Navigation A-GPS receiver
- Navigation Software & Services Nokia Maps 3.0
- Type Color
- Technology AMOLED
- Diagonal Size 4 in
- Display Resolution 640 x 360 pixels
- Color Depth 24-bit (16.7 million colors)
- Connector Type HDMI,
Headset / AV composite out - Mini-phone 3.5 mm
- Technology Lithium ion
- Capacity 1400 mAh
- Run Time Details Talk ( GSM ) - up to 660 min,
Standby ( GSM ) - up to 465 hour(s),
Talk ( WCDMA ) - up to 390 min,
Standby ( WCDMA ) - up to 540 hour(s)
- Microsoft Certifications Compatible with Windows 7
- Included Accessories Data cable,