Nokia Lumia 822 - black (Verizon Wireless)
Manufacturer: Nokia Part number: Lumia822Black
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/08/2013
| || In stock || |
as of 12/08/2013
CNET editors' review
price range: $0.01 - $129.99
- Reviewed by: Jessica Dolcourt
- Reviewed on: 11/20/2012
- Released on: 11/19/2012
The good: Nokia's Lumia 822 delivers 4G LTE and a nice 8-megapixel camera, and adds 16GB of onboard storage with room for 64GB more.
The bad: A heavy build and rough, scratchy call quality detract from the Lumia 822's overall appeal.
The bottom line: The Nokia Lumia 822 offers a very good value for Verizon, but if you're into stylish design and spotless call quality, this isn't the phone for you.
cool looks and good price & app range
by Faraz_f97 on December 24, 2012
Pros: good price range and specs
Cons: not available easily at saudi arabia or other countries or not yet launched
A whole new feel and idea, keep the updates coming.
by theDude_7 on December 19, 2012
Pros: The Nokia and Windows apps work well together. Some refining needed, its good updates appear almost daily for the stock apps.
The phone feels sturdy and has a beautiful screen.
Windows 8, brings out a new feel. After breaking the ice, its a blast.
Cons: Sometimes poor quality to whomever you're talking to . You really have to have your mouth on the microphone for the other end to understand you.
Battery last forever idle, but needs charged frequently when browsing or bright screen setting are used.
Summary: An awesome phone with an OS that thinks out of the box. I was given 14 days to try this phone, upon which I could trade for something else, and ...
Summary: An awesome phone with an OS that thinks out of the box. I was given 14 days to try this phone, upon which I could trade for something else, and I'll be keeping it indeed.
The Windows is just too addictive, navigating the phone, and exploring the apps. Honestly, I was hesitant with Nokia and their apps it came with, but they have fixed there reputation. Navigation and mapping software are key, this phone has thorough and integrated apps.
When finding what the phone can do, I've been coming across points where it feels like a feature or option is missing. This gives me the upset feeling that it was put on the market before it was ready. There have been many updates released.
Its not a worn a weathered strong OS like Android, and its not a happy go lucky iOS. Windows 8 was meant for a phone and it's a new feel in a phone. I had to break the ice and get myself to take it home, and now it is very comfortable.
Amazing all around phone for $49.99
by WBSobe74 on December 2, 2012
Pros: Live tiles
Nokia Applications (Nokia Drive, Nokia Transit, Nokia Maps, Nokia Music)
Cons: Plastic cover is slippery
Low Lighting pictures are poor from a distance, need to be close to flash
Xbox Music and video needs work
This is definitely no 920, but it is a great phone.
by vallandigham77 on December 2, 2012
Pros: Solid weight, rubbery plastic feel, fantastic screen (the colors really pop, regardless of what everyone else says, it looks great). Perfect size for a smartphone. Fits easily into the pocket.
I could go on and on about what I like.
Cons: The speakers sound really screechy when volume is turned all the way up. There are no accessories that match the gray color (wireless plate). Verizon employees still have no idea what this phone does (sigh). Xbox music is a nightmare (software).
Summary: I am extremely satisfied with this phone. It weighs enough to feel solid in my hand, it isn't too thick, even with a case. The screen looks and responds ...
Summary: I am extremely satisfied with this phone. It weighs enough to feel solid in my hand, it isn't too thick, even with a case. The screen looks and responds wonderfully. The phone is lightning fast, and the call quality is adequate (unlike the CNET reviewer says, I believe there is only so good call quality can be, and it's relative to the network area).
The speakers get a little screechy at higher volumes, but the Dolby technology while using it in the car is superb! Unfortunately, Microsoft shot itself in the foot with Xbox music. It is quite a pain to sync music to the phone, and I ended up cancelling my subscription to Xbox music because of the bad experience.
The OS has improved, and this phone exploits all of these improvements. The camera is awesome, and the lenses give it all the bells and whistles it could need.
Nokia's products are quite impressive, and given that this is my first one of their products, I will definitely continue purchasing them if they are this good!
- Manufacturer: Nokia
- Part number: Lumia822Black
- Description: One of the biggest advances in the new Lumia 822 is the simplicity that's built in. The intuitive Windows Phone 8 start screen with live tiles lets you personalize your phone around the way you live. All the apps and features are right at your fingertips. Take amazing shots using your 8MP camera with industry-leading optics from Carl Zeiss or capture 1080p HD video. Say it face-to-face using the 1.2MP front-facing camera for video calls. Be sure to download Nokia Lenses, like Smart Shoot and Panaroma from the Windows Phone Store to get those perfect photos.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Smartphone
- Form Factor Touch
- Resistance Gorilla Glass 2 (scratch resistant glass)
- Integrated Components Wi-Fi hotspot,
- Width 2.69 in
- Depth 0.42 in
- Height 5.03 in
- Weight 4.99 oz
- Body Color Black
- SAR Value 1.03 W/kg (body) / 1.23 W/kg (head)
- Technology CDMA2000 1X / GSM / WCDMA (UMTS)
- Band WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900 / CDMA2000 1X 1900/800
- Mobile Broadband Generation 4G
- Service Provider Verizon Wireless
- Operating System Windows Phone 8
- Application Software Microsoft Office Mobile,
Nokia City Lens,
Internet Explorer 10
- Input Device(s) Touch sensitive screen (multi-touch) , Capacitive
Messaging & Internet
- Cellular Messaging Services MMS,
- Instant Messaging Services Twitter IM,
Windows Live Messenger (MSN Messenger),
- Supported Email Protocols SMTP,
- Supported Social Networks and Blogs LinkedIn,
- Messaging & Data Features Microsoft PowerPoint support,
Microsoft Excel support,
Microsoft Word support,
- Mobile Services Nokia Mix Radio,
Windows Office Hub,
Windows Live SkyDrive (7GB of free online cloud storage),
- Data Transmission GPRS,
- LTE Band LTE Band 13
- Data Transmission Operating Frequency LTE 700
- Wireless Interface NFC,
- WLAN Security TKIP,
- Bluetooth Profiles Object Push Profile (OPP),
Hands Free Profile (HFP),
Headset Profile (HSP),
Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP),
General Audio/Video Distribution Profile (GAVDP),
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP),
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Communication Features Internet browser,
Mobile Email client
- Phone Functions Voice control,
- Sensors Magnetometer,
Ambient light sensor,
- Additional Features Dual LED camera light,
Text-to-Speech (text recognition),
- Personal Information Management Alarm clock,
Synchronization with PC,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards M4A,
WMA 10 Pro,
- Supported Digital Video Standards MPEG-4,
- Type QUALCOMM MSM8960
- Clock Speed 1.5 GHz
- Processor Core Qty Dual Core
- RAM 1 GB
- Bult-in Memory 16 GB
- User Memory 16 GB
- Supported Flash Memory Cards microSDHC - up to 64 GB
- Sensor Resolution 8 megapixels
- Still Image Resolutions 3552 x 2000,
3264 x 2448
- Lens Aperture F/2.2
- Min Focal Length 26 mm
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Digital Zoom 4
- Special Effects Normal,
- White Balance Automatic,
- Camera Light Source LED light
- Video Recorder Resolutions 1920 x 1080 (1080p)
- Features Geo-tagging,
Tap to focus,
Carl Zeiss optic,
- GPS Navigation A-GPS/GLONASS receiver
- Navigation Software & Services Nokia Maps,
- Type Color
- Technology ClearBlack
- Diagonal Size 4.3 in
- Display Resolution 800 x 480 pixels
- Color Depth 24-bit (16.7 million colors)
- Connector Type Micro-USB,
Headset jack - Mini-phone 3.5 mm
- Capacity 1800 mAh
- Run Time Details Talk - up to 612 min,
Standby - up to 486 hour(s),
Playback ( Music ) - up to 62.1 hour(s)
- Microsoft Certifications Compatible with Windows 7
- Compliant Standards HAC(Hearing Aid Compatible)
- Included Accessories Data cable,