Pantech Duo C810 (AT&T)
Manufacturer: Pantech & Curitel Part number: 1080007
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/30/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $64.99
- Reviewed by: Nicole Lee
- Reviewed on: 11/04/2007
The good: The Pantech Duo has a unique dual-slider design with a slide-out number dialpad plus a QWERTY keyboard. It comes with the Windows Mobile 6 OS as well as a 1.3-megapixel camera, quad-band support, HSDPA, plus access to AT&T's broadband services.
The bad: The Pantech Duo has a cheap plastic body with a flimsy sliding mechanism. The QWERTY keyboard felt flush to the surface and was tricky to use
The bottom line: Even though the Pantech Duo has an impressive feature set that include 3G/HSDPA support, we were ultimately disappointed with its subpar design.
Worked, but build quality stunk!
by narn3049 on July 25, 2011
Pros: I used this phone for about 4 months, and it worked, but i dropped it and the slider popped apart. it worked excellently, but the build wasn't all that great.
Cons: I used this phone for about 4 months, and it worked, but i dropped it and the slider popped apart. it worked excellently, but the build wasn't all that great.
Summary: I used this phone for about 4 months, and it worked, but i dropped it and the slider popped apart. it worked excellently, but the build wasn't all that ...
Summary: I used this phone for about 4 months, and it worked, but i dropped it and the slider popped apart. it worked excellently, but the build wasn't all that great.
Very Slow phone. Good design. DO NOT GET!
by asoccer1999 on March 7, 2011
Pros: Good Design
Amazing Battery life
Hold TONS of messages
Cons: Very Slow
Takes FOREVER to get picture messages
When the phone shuts off, messages get deleted
You have to go to task manager and close all programs to open up Camera
DO NOT GET!!!
Summary: The phone isn't very good. Sometimes it just shuts off. If you try and call someone, it sometimes comes up as blocked number. I had this phone for 7 ...
Summary: The phone isn't very good. Sometimes it just shuts off. If you try and call someone, it sometimes comes up as blocked number. I had this phone for 7 months and after the 1st moth, I didn't really like it. Bottom-line is do not get this phone if you like to save your messages and you take alot of pictures.
Good concept, bad execution
by caemin on August 3, 2010
Pros: Microsoft OS, overall design, built-in clients for AIM and other IM
Cons: Size (depth) was very chunky, problems eventually developed
Summary: The chunkiness of the phone prevented it from being put in a pants pocket easily. The keyboard was difficult to use (very flat) and the slider mechanism was crappy. I ...
Summary: The chunkiness of the phone prevented it from being put in a pants pocket easily. The keyboard was difficult to use (very flat) and the slider mechanism was crappy. I liked the idea but it wasn't made well. Eventually the phone could not receive text messages or emails unless it was shutdown and restarted (then the stuff showed up, but new stuff wouldn't unless the process was repeated). I used the phone mainly for texting/email so this became a major issue. I eventually gave up and got a Blackberry.
Not what I expected
by WaterKrystal on June 5, 2010
Pros: Dual slider/two keyboards.
Cons: The way it worked.
Hard to navigate.
Not easy to use.
Half of texts wouldn't send.
Froze up a lot.
Summary: I thought this phone was going to be awesome. I loved the idea of a dual slider. (One way for traditional, the other for QWERTY) When I got it, the ...
Summary: I thought this phone was going to be awesome. I loved the idea of a dual slider. (One way for traditional, the other for QWERTY) When I got it, the home screen was confusing. It was completely different than any of the phones I've ever had. (Samsungs A707 and A777) I couldn't find what I needed. It was hard to see when I missed a call. I would NOT recommend this phone to a texter or really anyone who wants a nice working phone.
I absolutley despise this thing!!!
by XxemkatxX on May 13, 2010
Pros: Nothing at all
Cons: The overall size is very bulky and hard to manage. The screen transition when you slide the phone is excruciatingly slow and it often freezes.It takes forever to turn on and off also.
Summary: DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!!!! You will regret it. If you are looking for a fast phone that is small and lightweigtht do not get this one!! But if you ...
Summary: DO NOT GET THIS PHONE!!!! You will regret it. If you are looking for a fast phone that is small and lightweigtht do not get this one!! But if you are looking for one that is bulky and slugish go for it.
Pantech Duo C810 is a piece of $hit - avoid this brand
by coverlands on February 13, 2010
Pros: Nice colors and styling - dual slide *seems* pretty cool in brief time the phone(s) worked - we had one phone for each of two kids and one had been replaced so three total experiences with this particular phone.
Cons: Nightmare list - dropped calls, text message failures, straight to voice mail while sitting next to you and ON, etc. We had two and don't think either one was worth a .... Had one replaced while on warranty and that lasted about a month or so.
Summary: Do yourself a favor, fellow consumers. AVOID THIS BRAND. We won't have another Pantech phone. They're intermittent & unreliable with very poor quality customer service. What we received ...
Summary: Do yourself a favor, fellow consumers. AVOID THIS BRAND. We won't have another Pantech phone. They're intermittent & unreliable with very poor quality customer service. What we received for help from AT&T wasn't much better. And the warranty exchange program where you only can receive 'refurbished' units makes purchasing insurance a hard choice given the $50 deductible. Take the SIM and invest in a cheap phone. Pantechs are very poor phones and we were duped.
by northcoastgrl on December 30, 2009
Pros: I've only used web browsing a few times.. but it did load pretty fast and work well. Unfortunately, its about the only thing on this phone that actually works.
Cons: Software is terrible, constantly reboots, freezes and is VERY slow. Reverts back to homescreen while typing text. Once rebooted while I was trying to dial 911 in an emergency. Very awkward menus and options.
Summary: This phone is terrible. As I said, the software reboots and freezes constantly. Randomly returns to homescreen while I'm in the middle of texting or contacts list. Call quality ...
Summary: This phone is terrible. As I said, the software reboots and freezes constantly. Randomly returns to homescreen while I'm in the middle of texting or contacts list. Call quality is poor. I constantly hear an echo of what I say when I'm talking to someone. Slider causes phone to shut off often. Camera is terrible and has serious lag on the shutter speed. One of the most annoying features is that when I'm in my contacts list and highlight the name of the person I wish to call, then hit the green call button, the phone will not call that person. It will either bring up a screen asking if I'd like to text that person or call them, or will bring up a menu of the recent calls I've made. VERY annoying. It really should just call that person when you hit the green call button, not bring up another menu. There is a round select button that serves that purpose already. My brother has been through 4 of these phones and has the same issues. I finally called AT&T and talked with customer care because the store refused to help me. Customer care allowed me to upgrade early to a Samsung Solstice so I'm hoping that is a much better phone. I will never buy another pantech.
Love the phone - Had it for 15 months
by grr8whitehype on December 22, 2009
Pros: - keyboard is easy to use and better than similar Pantech phones
- never had a dropped call due to the phone
- call quality has been great
- dual slider is awesome and get many comments on it
- windows makes it easy to use (easiest I've had)
Cons: - recently phone will 1/5 of the time make the other person not be able to hear me (haven't been the nicest to the phone)
- internet could be a lot better but I knew that going in
Summary: This is the longest I have ever owned one phone. I have had a cell phone since 2004 and am a graduate of Ball State University in telecommunications so I ...
Summary: This is the longest I have ever owned one phone. I have had a cell phone since 2004 and am a graduate of Ball State University in telecommunications so I know cell phones. I have had more than a half a dozen cell phones and this is the one I have had the least trouble with. Being windows based it was nice to have while in school. I synced it up with my computer and would put stories I had to read for class on it and then read it in my other classes. Nice benefit to the phone that only windows based phones can do.
Overall I really like this phone and had it longer than any of my other phones. I am only getting rid of it now because of the problems with calls that happen 1 out of every 5 calls I get.
FWIW I had the maroon colored one inside of the craptastic looking one used in the video review.
easy to use, had for over 1 year
by nursedeborahdoozie on November 28, 2009
Pros: Easy to use. Enjoyed the phone if only it would stay together. Love the fact I can keep up with appoinments and very easy to text and find contacts phone numbers.
Cons: The 2 halves break apart way too easily. Have had it replaced twice. The slider is very lose.
Summary: love the fact I can jot down appointments/notes to myself. Easy texting and locating contacts phone numbers.
Summary: love the fact I can jot down appointments/notes to myself. Easy texting and locating contacts phone numbers.
I strongly suggest buying a different phone
by sierraxyz on November 27, 2009
Pros: 2 keyboards (normal and QWERTY)
Cons: lowgrade camera, slow screen-switches, slow in general, fuzzy when making calls, and more.
Summary: this phone has given me nothing but grief. the camera only works half the time (most of the time, it says error, insufficient RAM space), and it only has 1....
Summary: this phone has given me nothing but grief. the camera only works half the time (most of the time, it says error, insufficient RAM space), and it only has 1.3 megapixels anyway. it takes forever to switch screens, turns off at random. it sometimes vibrates at random as well, or sometimes it vibrates for 30 seconds when it should only vibrate for 3. the vibrations are super loud. it's too thick for my liking. when I turn it on, it takes at least 5 minutes before it starts working again. everyone I know who has previously had this phone told me that theirs never worked either. it's frustrating to deal with. I've had it for almost a year and I can't stand it. I was happy when I got it, since I wanted a phone that was easy to text with (preferably with a QWERTY keyboard), but it hasn't worked properly in months and I'm tired of it. DON'T GET THIS PHONE.
- Manufacturer: Pantech & Curitel
- Part number: 1080007
- Description: Pantech duo - it's like any phone you've ever seen... Until you open it, that is. Pantech duo features an innovative dual-slide design offering an oversize display, a full QWERTY keyboard, and a numeric keypad; all contained in a device only 4.2 inches long, 2 inches wide, and 7/8's of an inch thick; with a weight of just 3.9 ounces. It is an ultimate all-in-one device that gives you multiple functionality in a state-of-the-art, user-friendly design. You will never settle for less once you have experienced the Pantech duo. With Microsoft Office Mobile you can leave your laptop behind. Synch up with your computer and Mobile Outlook provides up to the minute management of your calendar, contacts and e-mail. View and edit Excel, Word and PowerPoint documents. Use Windows Media Player to store and access pictures, videos and music. Pantech duo features business tools including Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard, Microsoft Office Mobile and a choice of personal and enterprise email messaging capabilities including support for Outlook Mobile, Hotmail, Yahoo!, and more. It supports a variety of messaging options. Connect with others through text and multimedia messaging or send and receive messages from your personal or corporate e-mail accounts. And the full QWERTY keyboard makes it easy to communicate on the fly. Download and listen to your favorite music from your PC using the embedded Windows Media Player. Purchase tracks from digital music stores. Subscribe to XM Radio and stream dozens of commercial free XM stations. Watch video clips from Mobil TV and Cellular Video. The Pantech Duo is loaded with consumer features including Stereo Bluetooth, Cellular Video and AT&T Mobile Music services - all of which can be accessed at lighting fast broadband like speeds through the 3G network in the U.S. Simple, intuitive controls allow for easy access to any of features of the Pantech duo. Use the 5-way navigation key to locate and select options appearing on the display. Instantly answer and end calls or initiate a call from your contact list, all without using the concealed numeric keypad or QWERTY keyboard.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Smartphone
- Form Factor Slider - Dual sliding
- Integrated Components Digital camera,
- Width 2 in
- Depth 0.8 in
- Height 4 in
- Weight 3.9 oz
- Technology WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM
- Band WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Mobile Broadband Generation 3G
- Service Provider AT&T
- Operating System Microsoft Windows Mobile 6
- Application Software Calculator,
Microsoft Office Mobile,
Microsoft Internet Explorer Mobile,
Microsoft Outlook Mobile Manager,
Windows Live Messenger,
Windows Media Player 10 Mobile
- Input Device(s) Keyboard
- Phone Navigation Buttons Navigation button
Messaging & Internet
- Cellular Messaging Services MMS,
- Supported Email Protocols POP3,
- Data Transmission GPRS,
- Wireless Interface Bluetooth
- Communication Features Internet browser,
Mobile Email client
- Phone Functions Voice dialing,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards AAC +,
- Clock Speed 416 MHz
- RAM 64 MB - SDRAM
- ROM 128 MB - Flash
- Supported Flash Memory Cards microSD
- Sensor Resolution 1.3 megapixels
- Optical Sensor Type CMOS
- Still Image Resolutions 320 x 240,
640 x 480,
176 x 144,
1280 x 1024
- Still Image Formats JPEG
- Digital Zoom 4
- Special Effects Gray,
- White Balance Automatic,
- Video Recorder Resolutions 176 x 144 (QCIF),
320 x 240 (QVGA)
- Digital Video Formats 3gp
- Features Self-portrait mirror
- Type LCD display
- Technology TFT Transflective
- Diagonal Size 2.2 in
- Display Resolution 240 x 320 pixels
- Display Indicators Missed calls indicator,
Text message waiting,
Voice message waiting,
Ringer alert off,
- Connector Type Data port
- Technology Lithium polymer
- Capacity 1320 mAh
- Run Time Details Talk - up to 180 min,
Standby - up to 250 hour(s)
- Included Accessories Battery charger , Power adapter,