Samsung Galaxy S II (unlocked)
Manufacturer: Samsung Part number: GALAXYSIIULK
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/10/2014
| || In stock || |
as of 07/10/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $192.00 - $475.00
- Reviewed by: Jessica Dolcourt
- Edited by: Kent German
- Reviewed on: 05/06/2011
The good: The Samsung Galaxy S II has a speedy dual-core processor, a large, gorgeous display, 4G capability, and excellent cameras. It's also up-to-date with Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
The bad: The Samsung Galaxy S II lacks a hardware camera button, and you need to remove to battery to access the microSD card slot. Call quality could be better.
The bottom line: Despite a few complaints, the Samsung Galaxy S II hits all the high notes, making the unlocked handset Samsung's most advanced and successful smartphone to date.
Very Poor call Volume even at max Volume & speaker on !
by sruchin on August 20, 2011
Pros: Android 2.3, good video quality
Cons: 1. Very poor call volume...difficult to hear
2. Battery is very weak..need to charge after 2-3 hrs of call
3. Camera..no hard button to take snaps, pics becomes shaky most of the time due to soft button
Summary: at >30K (INR), it's pathetic phone...worst is the INSENSITIVE Customer care division...who si not bothered to even call to the customer even after 1 week of ...
Summary: at >30K (INR), it's pathetic phone...worst is the INSENSITIVE Customer care division...who si not bothered to even call to the customer even after 1 week of complain...And this is with the customer who is buying the Most PREMIUM Handset ot their stable...Only GOD can help the guys who are buying budget or mid range mobiles.....
0 out of 7 users found this user opinion helpful.
SAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR TIME
by NCGary on August 5, 2011
Pros: NICE DESPLAY
Cons: POOR BATTERY TIME
NO SOFTWARE SUPPORT FROM SAMSUNG OR ATT
MANY APPS DONT WORK
ATT WILL NOT OFFER ANY SUPPORT
ANOTHER BOAT ANCHOR THAT ATT SELLS
Summary: YOU BUY A PHONE WITH A TON OF PROMISSES OF THINGS TO COME BUT THEY NEVER COME. LOUSY COVERAGE AREA. ATT SHOULD GO BACK TO THE CRANK PHONE THEY HAD ...
Summary: YOU BUY A PHONE WITH A TON OF PROMISSES OF THINGS TO COME BUT THEY NEVER COME. LOUSY COVERAGE AREA. ATT SHOULD GO BACK TO THE CRANK PHONE THEY HAD IT PRETTY GOOD AFTER A LOT OF YEARS.
0 out of 7 users found this user opinion helpful.
Awesome device, but not for the South Korean market.
by Bulgogi on May 17, 2011
Pros: Fast speeds, great photos and video recording, slim and sexy, GPS, battery life, big screen, browsing experience, swipe keyboard, the works. Oh, can copy and paste now too!
Cons: Android (or Google) doesn't have games in the Android market place. I read online that Google pulled the games off the Korean market, according to Gizmodo.com. I can get some games, but not from the Android Market Place and they're far from impressive o
Summary: First time out of the box, I loved the device. I loved the features, the widgets, speeds, browsing and overall experience. Then almost 2 weeks later, when I started messing ...
Summary: First time out of the box, I loved the device. I loved the features, the widgets, speeds, browsing and overall experience. Then almost 2 weeks later, when I started messing with apps and getting down to tinkering with the phone, it soon became a very big headache.
I had high hopes for the device and know US buyers will adore it. However, if you're living in South Korea, you may want to avoid an Android device. There are heavy complaints from so many users in the South Korean market.... I should have listened. I'm in the process of returning the phone. It's sad, but I'm really torn up about it. It was nearly perfect.
0 out of 10 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Part number: GALAXYSIIULK
- Description: The Samsung GALAXY S II uses Android 2.3 Gingerbread, the world's fastest-growing mobile operating system. The next generation smartphone includes access to Samsung's four content and entertainment hubs, seamlessly integrated to provide instant access to music, games, e-reading and social networking services.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Smartphone
- Form Factor Touch
- Phone Design PDA
- Integrated Components GPS receiver,
- Width 2.6 in
- Depth 0.33 in
- Height 4.93 in
- Weight 4.09 oz
- SAR Value 0.34 W/kg
- Technology WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM
- Band WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Mobile Broadband Generation 3G
- Service Provider Unlocked
- Operating System Google Android 2.3
- User Interface Samsung TouchWiz
- Input Device(s) Touch sensitive screen (multi-touch)
Messaging & Internet
- Cellular Messaging Services MMS,
- Instant Messaging Services Google Talk
- Supported Email Protocols SMTP,
- Supported Social Networks and Blogs MySpace,
- Messaging & Data Features Adobe Flash support
- Mobile Services Samsung Apps,
- Data Transmission GPRS,
- Wireless Interface Bluetooth 3.0,
- Bluetooth Profiles Object Push Profile (OPP),
Hands Free Profile (HFP),
Headset Profile (HSP),
Phonebook Access Profile (PBAP),
Human Interface Device Profile (HID),
Generic Access Profile (GAP),
Message Access Profile (MAP),
Service Discovery Application Profile (SDAP),
Secure Simple Pairing (SSP),
SIM Access Profile (SAP),
Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP),
Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP)
- Communication Features Internet browser,
Mobile Email client
- Phone Functions Voice control,
- Polyphonic Ringer Yes
- Polyphonic Ring Tone Voice Qty 64
- Ring Tone Formats MP3
- Sensors Proximity sensor,
Ambient light sensor,
- Additional Features World clock,
Text-to-Speech (text recognition),
Radio Data Service (RDS),
Intelligent typing (SWYPE)
- Personal Information Management Synchronization with PC,
Alarm clock with snooze,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards AC-3,
- Supported Digital Video Standards VC-1,
- Type Samsung
- Clock Speed 1.2 GHz
- Supported Flash Memory Cards microSDHC - up to 32 GB
- Sensor Resolution 8 megapixels
- Still Image Resolutions 3264 x 2448
- Still Image Formats JPEG
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Self Timer Delay Yes
- Special Effects Grayscale,
Black & White,
- White Balance Automatic,
- Camera Light Source LED light
- Video Recorder Resolutions 1920 x 1080 (1080p)
- Features Video recording,
- GPS Navigation A-GPS receiver
- Navigation Software & Services Google Maps
- Type OLED display - Color
- Technology Super AMOLED Plus
- Diagonal Size 4.3 in
- Display Resolution 800 x 480 pixels
- Color Depth 24-bit (16.7 million colors)
- Features Wallpaper
- Connector Type Micro-USB,
Headset jack - Mini-phone 3.5 mm
- Capacity 1650 mAh
- Included Accessories Power adapter , Power adapter
- Min Operating Temperature -4 °F
- Max Operating Temperature 122 °F