Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
Manufacturer: Samsung Part number: i9190GalaxyS4mini
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 07/31/2014
| || In stock || |
as of 07/31/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $288.90 - $289.99
- Reviewed by: Jessica Dolcourt
- Reviewed on: 11/21/2013
- Released on: 11/08/2013
The good: The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini brings a strong feature set for a midrange phone, including Android 4.2, a dual-core processor, and an 8-megapixel camera. The Sprint version has excellent call quality.
The bad: The Galaxy S4 Mini has only 8GB of internal storage, and mediocre front-facing camera quality. Data was slow on Sprint's network.
The bottom line: Its reliable specs and availability on four carriers make the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini an easy-to-find midtier buy, but you should also compare the S4 Mini with its substantial competition.
Good phone, for the right price
by Clifford-J on October 23, 2013
Pros: Colors really pop and the screen is very bright
Camera night mode is excellent
Very compact and light wight
Cons: Short battery life
Summary: When this came out, I was concerned about two things: the screen and processor. I'm not going to go through the full specs, you can find that elsewhere. But ...
Summary: When this came out, I was concerned about two things: the screen and processor. I'm not going to go through the full specs, you can find that elsewhere. But for the screen, I, like most people, was a bit disappointed that it did not have 1280x720, which would've brought it at least relatively close to the ppi of its full size brother. But I have to say, the 960x540 is really not bad at all, in fact, the 256 ppi of the S4Mini (which, by the way is nearly the same as the ipad's "retina" screen of 264 ppi) makes text decently clear. The colors really pop and the screen is very bright, I would argue as much as the full size S4.Edit:
The processor (dual core instead of the full size's quad core) is pretty much the same story, for nearly all activities it is very responsive, the only times I have encountered noticeable lag is running games like temple run 2. With a standard picture wallpaper, this very rarely happened, running a complex live wallpaper and other apps made it somewhat more regular. For me this is not a deal breaker as I almost never play games, and everything else ran very smooth.
Overall the phone is truly a 4 out of 5, the specs are good enough to make it very enjoyable, but some obvious and easily executable changes to the specs (those mentioned above) could have made this an excellent 5 out of 5 phone, which is sad. If you buy it at the right price (which I feel is around/at least $200 off the full size S4), you will be happy with the phone in and of itself. Though, we all compare, so if you hold it next to a full size S4, you can definitely notice the sharper text and zero lag on the S4. Unless you are always holding an S4 in your other hand, I truly think you won't feel like you are "missing out."
Some of my favorite updates: I upgraded to this from the S3 mini (which I got to test out the android waters since my iPhone shattered upon first drop). Aside from the screen (which is a huge step up), most of the things I like the best are software related. I've been very impressed with the camera, especially because of the camera modes...night mode is excellent, it removes the grain from low light shots and leaves colors perfect which would otherwise be distorted with the flash. Organizing photos with folders is great. Also the new lock screen is very nice. Swiping across the clock (top portion of the screen) will bring you to the camera instantly, and/or any widgets you define, like the music player. You can also set these widgets as the default lock screen. I only wish you could have more than one lock screen widget per page.
Finally, suggest to check for best offer of the Galaxy S4 Mini at: Phonedual.blogspot.com/p/samsung-galaxy-s4-mini.html
Hope you enjoy!
Updated on Dec 10, 2013
I suggest to check for best offer at: dualphones.wordpress.com/samsung-galaxy-s4-mini/
3 out of 3 users found this user opinion helpful.
good at using
by keerthikrishnan11 on January 2, 2014
Pros: ya really easy and user friendly
Cons: battery life low and restart pblm ter
This phone is fine. Nothing special. Size is nice !!
by afdeluca1 on December 30, 2013
Pros: Very nice smaller size
Perfectly adequate screen quality
Very light and thin
Cons: Battery life isn't great.
Often have to touch icons twice to get a reaction
Summary: Overall, I like this phone for what it is - a smaller version of the S4. I also use a Galaxy S4. When I want a change of pace or ...
Summary: Overall, I like this phone for what it is - a smaller version of the S4. I also use a Galaxy S4. When I want a change of pace or to use something smaller, I just switch the SIM card from the S4 to the S4 Mini. The biggest difference is the size. Functionally, the settings menu is a little different/easier on the Mini. Obviously there are fewer setting options but nothing important (or that I use!).
Other than occasionally having to press an icon twice, I see no performance issues between the Mini and the full-size S4.
I can't imagine using this as my full time, phone, however. The screen is just too small.
Good for the price
by ccol4him on October 31, 2013
Pros: Cheap and somewhat easy to operate.
Cons: Battery charge doesn't last long and making and receiving calls can be tricky for first time smartphone owners. Lack of storage.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Part number: i9190GalaxyS4mini
- Description: With a 4.3" qHD Super AMOLED display, light weight and compact design, the GALAXY S4 mini is easy to carry and operate with one hand. Though compact, the GALAXY S4 mini also boasts powerful performance, equipped with a 1.7 GHz dual core processor that allows users to quickly and easily perform data intensive tasks. The GALAXY S4 mini supports many intuitive features and services provided by the GALAXY S4, designed enhance every facet of life.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Smartphone
- Form Factor Touch
- Phone Design Candybar
- Integrated Components GLONASS receiver,
- Width 2.41 in
- Depth 0.35 in
- Height 4.9 in
- Weight 3.88 oz
- Body Color Black
- Image Color Disclaimer The image of the product displayed may be of a different color
- Technology WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM
- Band WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Service Provider Not specified
- Operating System Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Application Software Google Chrome,
Samsung Smart Switch Mobile,
- Input Device(s) Touch sensitive screen (multi-touch)
Messaging & Internet
- Cellular Messaging Services MMS,
- Instant Messaging Services Google Talk
- Supported Social Networks and Blogs Google+
- Mobile Services Google Play Music,
Google Play Books,
Google Play Movies,
Google Search by Voice,
- Data Transmission GPRS,
- Wireless Interface Bluetooth 4.0,
- Communication Features Internet browser,
Mobile Email client
- Phone Functions Call timer,
- Sensors Proximity sensor,
Ambient light sensor,
- Additional Features Samsung Adapt Display,
Samsung Adapt Sound,
Group Play function,
Infrared remote control
- Personal Information Management Synchronization with PC,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards Apt-X,
- Supported Digital Video Standards VC-1,
- Clock Speed 1.7 GHz
- Processor Core Qty Dual-core
- RAM 1.5 GB
- Bult-in Memory 8 GB
- User Memory 5 GB
- Supported Flash Memory Cards microSDXC - up to 64 GB
- Sensor Resolution 8 megapixels
- Special Effects HDR
- Camera Light Source LED light
- Features Video recording,
Best face function,
Best photo function,
Low light shot
- GPS Navigation A-GPS/GLONASS receiver
- Navigation Software & Services Google Local Search,
Google Maps Navigation
- Type OLED display - Color
- Technology Super AMOLED
- Diagonal Size 4.3 in
- Capacity 1900 mAh
- Included Accessories Power adapter