Samsung Infuse 4G (AT&T)
Manufacturer: Samsung Part number: 5190290
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Once you know, you Newegg!|| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/16/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $185.00
- Reviewed by: Bonnie Cha
- Reviewed on: 05/12/2011
- Released on: 05/15/2011
The good: The Samsung Infuse 4G features a large and vibrant 4.5-inch touch screen that's great for browsing and videos. The Android smartphone is ultrathin and has an 8-megapixel camera and snappy performance.
The bad: The lower-resolution screen makes text look a bit pixelated. AT&T's 4G data speeds are slow.
The bottom line: The Samsung Infuse 4G disappoints in some areas, but it's still a very good Android smartphone for AT&T customers as long as you're OK with the larger design.
Solid phone after 1 mo w/o askn too much frm yr wallet
by ghosnakes on February 17, 2012
Pros: -Very light and thin, fits surprisingly well in pocket.
-Screen excellent in sunlight.
-8mp camera, cant go wrong.
-Big screen, more real estate for games n web.
Cons: -Battery could last longer
-Could be hard to use with one hand depending on your size
-Speaker phone can sound distorted an tinny
-Infrequent lagging or freezing,Something other phones may be prone to as well
-Wifi range could be stronger
Summary: Solid device for its price. Looks extremely clean with the front glass being one piece almost flush to the edges; very clean design. Feels light and thin(almost too thin) ...
Summary: Solid device for its price. Looks extremely clean with the front glass being one piece almost flush to the edges; very clean design. Feels light and thin(almost too thin) with nice textured backing and beautiful glossy gun metal grey(caviar) housing.
Incredible screen. Colors are so vivid and crisp, even in daylight. Generous size for navigating and viewing content. very accurate and responsive to touch and tilt. 8mp camera is awesome; auto, macro, or select focus area; decent filters. easy gallery navigation.
Fast multitasking. Effortlessly switch from web, pdf, games, to txt with no complaints.
Fast speeds considering ones location and service. Wifi could be stronger but works fine in reasonable, comfortable distance.
After about a month of owning the infuse, i'd definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a large screen phone that looks beautiful and works hard for you without asking to much from your wallet.
WOW - You will be amazed.
by mironyc on November 12, 2011
Pros: 1. Light-weight design (especially how thin it is!)
2. Blazing fast processor (1.2Ghz)
3. The screen (Super AMOLED Plus)
4. Great battery life
5. Friendly interface
6. Great call quality
7. Loud speaker
8. Great music player interface
9. Comes with a grea
Cons: No major cons, but here are some minor ones
1. Non too comfortable if you have small-medium hands
2. Almost entirely composed of plastic (scared of dropping it)
3. The headphone jack is in an uncomfortable spot when
listening to music and texting
Summary: The best phone I have ever used. Previously I had the HTC Inspire and this phone simply outshines HTC in every department. It fits comfortably in my pocket and is ...
Summary: The best phone I have ever used. Previously I had the HTC Inspire and this phone simply outshines HTC in every department. It fits comfortably in my pocket and is very light. My favorite part about it is the Call/Message swipe when I am scrolling through my contacts list. If I want to call someone, all I have to do it swipe left and it calls. Right and it goes into the messaging interface.
All-in-all, it rocks
Great concept, poor execution.
by tangoville on November 11, 2011
Pros: Great screen size. Loads applications on the side.
Cons: Can't delete bloatware. Calls are constantly dropped, especially with bluetooth -- never happened with my iPhone 4. Applications are constantly freezing.
Simply remarkable device!
by atunis58041 on October 25, 2011
Pros: Beautiful color, fast browser, excellent voice features, vast selection of apps.In their most recent review of smart phones, Consumers Report rated the Infuse 4G as their highest-rated smartphone - period!!
Cons: battery can drain quickly if many apps are running
Summary: Unbelievable technology in this phone!
Summary: Unbelievable technology in this phone!
My first "smartphone" yay.
by ghopp on October 12, 2011
Pros: Great phone. good sound for calls. has more junk on it than i will ever use. I'm sure i'll break it.
Cons: fragile phone. waiting on ballistic case.
Summary: I finally joined the herd and got a "smartphone". Wife has an iphone 4 and i like this one much better. Awesome screen and colors, good voice sound and video. ...
Summary: I finally joined the herd and got a "smartphone". Wife has an iphone 4 and i like this one much better. Awesome screen and colors, good voice sound and video. Had the Samsung-tough-flip-military phone before-great phone by the way, but i like tinkering with this new one. more useless toys.
Does NOT have corning Gorilla screen...
by Kwaione2 on October 6, 2011
Pros: Everything is great
Summary: Does NOT have corning Gorilla screen... If you go to there webpage they do not list it as a smartphone that has Gorilla glass only the Galaxy S series per ...
Summary: Does NOT have corning Gorilla screen... If you go to there webpage they do not list it as a smartphone that has Gorilla glass only the Galaxy S series per there homepage...FREE RIGHT NOW THROUGH ATT ,!!!
Updated on Oct 6, 2011
Awesome phone, I'm very happy with it.
by 2nd2last1 on October 5, 2011
Pros: -Large screen
-Easy to use
-Does everything you need
Cons: -Call quality is ok but not great
-Screen size took a bit to get used to
-speaker quality is not as good as my sony ericson
Summary: Once you get used to the size of the phone you wont want anything else. I can stand using an iPhone after using this as the screen on that is ...
Summary: Once you get used to the size of the phone you wont want anything else. I can stand using an iPhone after using this as the screen on that is just too small. Especially for surfing the web.
I love this phone and would highly recommend!
Good phone, great quality, low battery life
by maddogracer3 on October 4, 2011
-touch screen response
-display...it is a good display
-it is huge
Cons: -battery life (I have to charge every night and I just text mostly)
-it is huge...
-front facing camera
Summary: All in all it is a great phone. I love it and will likely always buy Samsung phones. Seriously, I have a good time with this phone, everyone I show ...
Summary: All in all it is a great phone. I love it and will likely always buy Samsung phones. Seriously, I have a good time with this phone, everyone I show it to says "omg, I can fit my cell phone in yours with room to spare" it is that big...or you know, something like that. compared with the Iphone, there is like 1/2" all the way around the screen, plus this is thinner. This is my first smartphone ever, I always wanted an Iphone, but never could afford one until I got my own job...and by then apple had lost my favor.
Seriously, I think Samsung puts the very best cameras in their phones. My old phone (samsung mythic) took better pictures than my friends Iphone, and that is the same picture comparison.
I'm not sure where they get "lower resolution screen" from, because this thing looks amazing. I don't have any issues with seeing what is displayed, except that it has been hard to find a good picture for the background, but that is a picture resolution issue, not the phones issue.
Did I say this phone is huge? It kind of reminds me of the old brick phones...but put under a roling pin...with a few hundred lbs of pressure. It is thin, like really thin. to compare, this phone in 6" diagonally and my old Samsung mythic is 4.5" diagonally. they weigh nearly the same (without cases of course).
I didn't give this phone a 5 star rating because of the battery life. I know the screen is huge, but seriously...I send about 200~ texts a day and this phone is nearly dead after 10 hours. I do search the internet for a few seconds here and there, but not enough to drain the battery, and I never watch videos. It is silly, it has a large battery, just doesn't last. My mythic would last for a full week without charging with the same use as a comparison.
Battery life is killing me!
by mlwiley on September 25, 2011
Pros: Very light and manageable phone
Broad choice in applications
Very clear screeen
Cons: Battery life :-(
Summary: I am a long-term smartphone user who has Blackberries as my primary phone for almost 10 years. I made a reluctant transition since I don't like any of the ...
Summary: I am a long-term smartphone user who has Blackberries as my primary phone for almost 10 years. I made a reluctant transition since I don't like any of the current Blackberry products. I have been pleasantly surprised with the smoothness of the transition. I had the benefit of a Droid Ambassador to help me translate from my Blackberry understanding to the Android and that has helped a great deal. For some reason, my ATT voicemail has been inaccessible but I haven't missed it because my Ambassador introduced me to the YouMail alternative. I have found some signal challenges that I hadn't attributed to the phone until I read some other user reports but I can say that I have noticed that I've only been at 2 bars on the Infuse indoors when I'm usually at 3 bars on the Blackberry. I would often find myself at no battery within 2 -2.5 hours of detaching from the charger with a 100% battery. I am going to try to reduce the brightness to see if that affects the battery life. If the brightness adaptation works, I will be a VERY HAPPY CAMPER!
Samsung Infuse 4G!
by zman92 on September 17, 2011
Pros: Internet Speed
Front Facing Camera
Summary: This phone is a step up from my Iphone 3gs. If you like an Android phone that is big and does lots of stuff you like on it. This is ...
Summary: This phone is a step up from my Iphone 3gs. If you like an Android phone that is big and does lots of stuff you like on it. This is the phone for you. The apps on this phone are incredible. Must buy.
- Manufacturer: Samsung
- Part number: 5190290
- Description: The Infuse 4G is an ultra-thin smartphone, so it's easy to slip into a purse or pocket. You'll have access to over 150,000 Android apps, allowing you total freedom to create your own customized collection of apps to fit your individual lifestyle. To a smartphone, the screen is critical. Infuse 4G's screen gives you a full spectrum of rich, vivid color with high color contrast, for an incredible cinematic experience. The screen's amazing luminance allows you to easily read the display even in daylight. With its brilliant color and thin design, the Infuse 4G is fantastic for social messaging, outstanding browsing and entertainment on-the-go. With the Infuse 4G, you're only seconds away from being able to watch hit movies and TV shows from Samsung Media Hub. It's your best entertainment experience on-the-go in a handheld device. With the brilliant color and sound, videos and TV shows come to life. Once you choose a movie or show to watch, the content can be shared with up to four other devices. The Infuse 4G has an incredible 8.0 Megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and auto-focus. It shoots 720p HD video with incredible detail! Now you can send stunning photos and videos to friends, and have high quality images to share with your social network. There is also a 1.3 Megapixel front-facing camera for video chats. Blazing speed is ultra important for the Infuse 4G. Its 1.2 GHz high speed processor runs apps and websites with almost no waiting time. Combine it with enhanced backhaul, and you'll have super fast 4G data connection speeds with HSPA+.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Product Type Smartphone
- Form Factor Touch
- Integrated Components GPS receiver,
- Width 2.77 in
- Depth 0.36 in
- Height 5.15 in
- Weight 4.9 oz
- Body Color Caviar black
- Technology GSM / UMTS
- Band WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Mobile Broadband Generation 3G
- Service Provider AT&T
- Operating System Android 2.2 OS
- Application Software Adobe Flash Player
- Input Device(s) Touch sensitive screen
Messaging & Internet
- Cellular Messaging Services MMS,
- Supported Email Protocols POP3,
- Supported Social Networks and Blogs Facebook
- Messaging & Data Features Adobe Flash support
- Mobile Services Samsung Media Hub,
- Data Transmission GPRS,
- Wireless Interface Bluetooth 2.1 EDR,
- WLAN Security WPA,
- Bluetooth Profiles Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
- Communication Features Internet browser,
Mobile Email client
- Phone Functions Voice control,
- Polyphonic Ringer Yes
- Additional Features TV-out via HDMI,
Software updates FOTA (Firmware Over The Air),
- Personal Information Management Synchronization with PC,
- Supported Digital Audio Standards WAV,
- Clock Speed 1.2 GHz
- User Memory 16 GB
- Supported Flash Memory Cards microSDHC - up to 32 GB
- Sensor Resolution 8 megapixels
- Focus Adjustment Automatic
- Camera Light Source LED light
- Video Recorder Resolutions 1280 x 720 (720p)
- Features Video recording
- GPS Navigation GPS receiver
- Type OLED display - Color
- Technology Super AMOLED Plus
- Diagonal Size 4.5 in
- Display Resolution 800 x 480 pixels
- Color Depth 24-bit (16.7 million colors)
- Features Wallpaper
- Connector Type HDMI,
Headset jack - Mini-phone 3.5 mm
- Capacity 1750 mAh
- Run Time Details Talk - up to 530 min,
Standby - up to 400 hour(s)
- Compliant Standards HAC(Hearing Aid Compatible)
- Included Accessories Power adapter , Power adapter,
- Also Included microSD - 2 GB