BitDefender Internet Security 2010 - subscription package
Manufacturer: Softwin Part number: NB11031001EN-M2
- CNET Editor rating: Not yet rated
- Average user rating: 1.5 stars out of 4 reviews
- BitDefender Internet Security 2010 keeps your Internet-connected family safe, without slowing down their PCs. It locks out viruses, hackers & spam, while providing parental control and firewall protection. Many of today's stealth viruses are designed to avoid antivirus detection by initially laying dormant only to attack your PC when it is most vulnerable. BitDefender 2010 features a cutting-edge security system, ... Read more
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/19/2014
TERRIBLE! BUYER BEWARE!!
by MB-GRAFIX on May 5, 2011
Pros: The program is generally easy to use and tends to catch 'most' viruses and malware.
Cons: When a virus does make it past there security software, and you need to speak with them ...the hell begins!!
Summary: Recently, when a virus managed to get through Bitdefender's supposedly great security, I had the unfortunate experience of having to deal with their customer service people and technicians. WHAT ...
Summary: Recently, when a virus managed to get through Bitdefender's supposedly great security, I had the unfortunate experience of having to deal with their customer service people and technicians. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!! I spoke with four different techs and in each case their accents were SO strong and they spoke so quickly that I could only understand about half of what they were saying and if you ask them something they tend to speak over you in the middle of your sentences. In one instance when I asked the technician if he could slow down so that I can understand him better, he hung up the phone on me. None of the four that I spoke with were even the slightest bit friendly... you know, that light, friendly "Hey, how you doing" sort of attitude one expects when speaking with a company representative. Well you won't find it from them! Rather they were very machine-like, cold and terse in their speech. Completely lacking in warmth and patience. Let's face it, when you call for tech help you want to speak with someone who has the answeres and makes you feel better about the circumstance you are in. They do not even begin to possess such skills, and should you have any trouble undertanding them, they get annoyed when you ask them to repeat themselves. On top of all this, I found that they did not truly listen to what I was saying to them. When I would ask them a question, they tended to respond with something that had nothing to do with my question, as if they either were not listening or else they were completely ignoring my question. And if I repeated the question, they would get annoyed. When my phone call with them had ended, I was left feeling deeply frustrated and tense. Conversely, whenever I have gotten off of the phone with a skilled phone technician from a tech company, they left me feeling confident and at peace with my circumstances... nothing to worry about, it's all okay now. THAT is what I expect from a skilled phone tech! The Bitdefender techs on the other hand leave you with a sort of "oh well, too bad for you... we will let you know when we have finished with your problem sometime in the next 24 to 48 hours". 24 to 48 hours!!! Seriously!? I have to live with an infected computer (which should not even be infected to begin with since I was using Bitdefender with the latest virus signatures installed) for the next 24 to 48 hours! Unbelievable. And it is that attitude that they give you when they tell you... that attitude that says, oh well, you lose because we are not giving you any other options... you must wait so get over it. If you doubt what I am saying, then I challenge you to buy Bitdefender, install it on your computer, then speak with tech support. You'll see for yourself! Let me wrap this review up with BUYER BEWARE!
Horrible: like paying for a vit
by letitfly on August 6, 2010
Pros: Nothing about BitDefender is good.
Cons: Everything about BitDefender is bad.
Summary: It is horrible, continued to get viruses and malware. Slows down computer, crashes Vista. the worse problem is the billing. They continue to bill the next year. Their cancel subscription ...
Summary: It is horrible, continued to get viruses and malware. Slows down computer, crashes Vista. the worse problem is the billing. They continue to bill the next year. Their cancel subscription optin does not work. to contact the alleged customer support, you must answer questions that make you state you purchased the product. Customer service never replies. Skip the problems, just go online and get viruses, it is free and Bitdefender charges you for the same service.
Crashes often in Vista, hung my XP machine.
by Belgarion2 on July 21, 2010
Pros: Includes good "tune up" tools, like duplicate finder, registry cleaner. My version had a 2-year license.
Cons: System requirements - 512 GB RAM on XP, 1GB Vista / 7. Ouch! Slowed my older XP machine to a barely operational state. On Vista it crashes on boot-up - EVERY time. Crashed in Outlook 2007 for a while, then pulled itself out permanently.
Summary: This product behaves like a bug-filled beta. Stick with the free winners like Avast, or go with proven leaders like Norton (or McAfee if you have unlimited system resources). I ...
Summary: This product behaves like a bug-filled beta. Stick with the free winners like Avast, or go with proven leaders like Norton (or McAfee if you have unlimited system resources). I regret buying it, and don't trust it anymore.
I think there are better choices out there.
by bevtarlow on June 8, 2010
Pros: Relatively inexpensive and very easy to install and use.
Cons: Doesn't block Trojan Horses, so you will still need to install other software. It caused my system to crash once. There is supposed to be a firewall, but I have no evidence that it is actually working.
Summary: Every year, I look at the reviews on virus software, because a product that worked well a couple of years ago, may not be the best this year. Once of ...
Summary: Every year, I look at the reviews on virus software, because a product that worked well a couple of years ago, may not be the best this year. Once of the PC magazines gave Bit Defender a very high grade, but I've had a few problems that I have never experienced with the other 5 or 6 brands I've used over the years.
Yes, it is very inexpensive compared to Norton and McAfee, but you might just be better off with AVG which is free. (The free version of AVG doesn't have a firewall.)
- Manufacturer: Softwin
- Part number: NB11031001EN-M2
- Description: BitDefender Internet Security 2010 keeps your Internet-connected family safe, without slowing down their PCs. It locks out viruses, hackers & spam, while providing parental control and firewall protection. Many of today's stealth viruses are designed to avoid antivirus detection by initially laying dormant only to attack your PC when it is most vulnerable. BitDefender 2010 features a cutting-edge security system, Active Virus Control, which constantly monitors all of the processes on your PC, 24/7, blocking any malicious behavior before it can cause any damage. The abundance of new viruses calls for faster ways to detect them. BitDefender's Optimized Scanning avoids the scanning of files that are known to be safe. The result? BitDefender 2010 scans your PC in half the time needed by previous versions, while using less resources. Whether you're a security expert or a novice, with the BitDefenderUser Profiles you can easily manage your PC's security. The product interface adapts to the chosen profile and provides quick access to the main security functionalities you are most likely to need (Parental Controls for parents, or Gamer Mode for gamers). BitDefender 2010 also features three dashboard views - Novice, Intermediate, and Expert - to better accommodate users with different levels of PC knowledge. The Parental Control module features a newly added reporting system allowing parents to view what websites their children visit. Moreover, parents can set specific time intervals in which their children are allowed to access the Internet or use certain applications. BitDefender detects and blocks attempts to change critical system files or registry entries on your PC and warns you about attacks performed by code injection (DLL injection). You can get answers to the most common product-related questions or contact technical support directly from the product using its easy-to-use self-service module.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Category Security applications
- Subcategory Security - adware & malware removal tools,
Security - desktop firewall,
Security - antispam software,
Security - content filtering,
Security - desktop antivirus
- Language(s) English
- License pricing Standard
- Localization English
- License Type Subscription package
- License Validation Period 1 year(s)
- License Qty 1 PC
- License Pricing Standard
- Platform Windows
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 7,
Microsoft Windows XP SP2,
Microsoft Windows Vista
- Software Requirements Internet Explorer 6.0,
Microsoft Outlook 2000,
Microsoft Outlook 2003,
Microsoft Outlook Express,
Microsoft Outlook 2007,
Windows Live Messenger 8,
Yahoo Messenger 8.5,
Microsoft Windows Mail,
- Min Processor Type 800 MHz,
- System Requirements Details Microsoft Windows XP SP2 - RAM 512 MB - HD 450 MB,
Microsoft Windows Vista - RAM 1 GB - HD 450 MB,
Microsoft Windows 7 - RAM 1 GB - HD 450 MB
Service & Support
- Service & Support New releases update
- Service & Support Details New releases update - 1 year,
Virus definitions update - 1 year,
Malware definitions update - 1 year,
Spam filter update - 1 year,
Web knowledge base access - 1 year