McAfee SpamKiller 5.0
Manufacturer: McAfee Part number: MSK50E001RAA
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/11/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $6.98
- Reviewed by: Daniel Tynan
- Reviewed on: 10/06/2003
- Released on: 09/18/2003
The good: Slick interface; integrates into Outlook and Outlook Express; stops 9 out of 10 spams for POP accounts.
The bad: Pricey; lousy MSN filtering; expensive phone support; awful free chat support; no AOL or Mac OS support.
The bottom line: Limited e-mail integration, poor MSN filtering, and sorry support mar SpamKiller 5.0's efficient spam-stopping skills. Pass on this.
The only spam program that works
Pros: It has helped to identify almost 95% of the spam i have been getting, this is more than i can say for nortons or any other program. I have 5 email accounts, my wife has 2 its been blocking our spam pretty good. Hey it even works on my Hotmail account bett
Cons: If you are a home user of MS Outlook and you only have POP3 and Not Mapi acounts the intigrated toolbar does not even show up. The best solution I have found is to open SpamKiller first and review mail before opeing Outlook. I only wished that it worked a
Works Great. Worth the buy. Some don't know what they're talking about.
Pros: Filters Spam, Locks Pop-ups nicely, Allow you to pre-view all blocked/accepted e-mail in an easy to use interface, and has the ability to setup POP, IMAP, and hotmail accounts.
Cons: I'd have to think about it.
Only bring you trobule
Pros: Good Looking
Cons: This is the worst Version I ever see in my life, the tool-bar won't even add to Outlook 2003. And when I turn to its live tech support chat, the "frendly" tech support put me on-hold for 20 mins, and when he finally come, it turn out. The only suggestion
Pros: hmmm, pretty graphics?
Cons: complicated set up for email (compared to other programs), unstable, after weeks of use made more mistakes identifying spam than pc cillin did right out of the box. Also, each peice (spam, virus, privacy, firewall) must be bought seperately.
Pros: Nice interface, got a good price($5 after rebates) from Office Depot. Offers alot of features.
Cons: This package gave me alot of problems on install, had to uninstall and reinstall it a few times to finally get it working. The manual is very poorly written, and although it's promoted as working with Outlook, it only works with Outlook Express, not the
seems to work in the beginning, but has fatal flaws
Cons: The problem is basic: Sure, you can faithfully keep adding to your list of spammers to be killed.....but after using Spamkiller for a while, I noticed that I was still getting about the same number of SPAM's after installing SpamKiller as I was before.
Not for home user
Pros: Stops most spam. Interface good, unless ...
Cons: Doesn't integrate with Outlook 2000 as promised so desired interface doesn't exit; unless you happen to have a MS Exchange server ... False advertising. Chat service is too slow to tolerate and email service is of limited help since they don't answer t
Filters a little Spam, but too buggy and too many limitations.
Pros: Filters some Spam.
Cons: Misses some Spam, but even worse, it sets up an internal server to receive and process incoming mail that stopped twice in two days and was total hell to restart, making me fear I wouldn't get any mail. Also, won't support SSL e-mail accts. Also, my P.C
Makes You wonder???
Pros: None, unfortunately
Cons: McAfee, what happened??? First, this software does not work well with Outlook by way of Office XP. I have yet to get consistent "accepted emails" and "blocked emails" and often times when it says it is "protecting" my computer, I think it isn't, because i
I have always had great experiences with McAfee software … well up until this point. First, this sof
Pros: None! Ideally, if it worked, it would look like and work like a real nice system.
Cons: Many! ... see summary
- Manufacturer: McAfee
- Part number: MSK50E001RAA
- Description: With fraudulent, inappropriate and offensive emails being delivered with escalating frequency to adults, children and businesses, email users require a comprehensive solution to protect them from the annoyance and dangers of "spam". McAfee SpamKiller quickly and easily helps you control spam from polluting your Inbox. Powered by advanced rule-based and list-based filtering technologies, SpamKiller enables users to both protect their Inboxes from spam and fight back against the source of the problem - email spammers. Every time you send your email address out into the world, you are exposing yourself and your business to the deluge of spam email. To make the problem worse, email lists are also sold and resold within spammer networks, greatly increasing the volume of spam sent to a user's email address. McAfee SpamKiller provides an easy-to use, effective anti-spam solution for both consumers and businesses. With a multitude of anti-spam tools and automatic complaint mechanisms, SpamKiller offers email users an unprecedented level of security and control. SpamKiller installs with a database of known spammers. Additionally, its comprehensive preset rule-based filters scan the sender's address, subject line, body text, message header and country of origin in determining if an email is legitimate mail or spam. SpamKiller's filter wizard presents a simple, step-by-step method for users to create new spam filters based on spam messages that have been received. Users simply choose the part of the message on which to filter and SpamKiller automatically develops the filter. SpamKiller gives email users the ability to report spammers to the proper authorities. SpamKiller can automatically determine the origin of a spam email and send a formal complaint to the abuse desk of the spammer's ISP. SpamKiller also enables users to automatically send a 'bounced email' message back to spammers, which can help to effectively remove their address from email lists.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Category Security applications
- Subcategory Internet - internet utilities
- Version 5.0
- License pricing Standard
- License Type Complete package
- License Qty 1 user
- License Pricing Standard
- Platform Windows
- Distribution Media CD-ROM
- Package Type Retail
- OS Required Microsoft Windows 2000,
Microsoft Windows 98,
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition,
Microsoft Windows XP
- Min Hard Drive Space 8 MB
- Peripheral / Interface Devices CD-ROM