Klipsch Synergy Sub-10
Manufacturer: Klipsch Part number: SUB-10
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
|Once you know, you Newegg!|| || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 04/16/2014
| || In stock || |
as of 04/20/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $179.99 - $269.51
- Reviewed by: Steve Guttenberg
- Edited by: John Falcone
- Reviewed on: 08/31/2005
- Released on: 04/25/2005
The good: Amply endowed 10-inch subwoofer; 200-watt amplifier (FTC rated); versatile connectivity.
The bad: The sonic match with its companion SLX speakers is far from seamless.
The bottom line: Klipsch's Synergy Sub-10 is powerful and musical, and that's not something you always find in midpriced subwoofers.
The best addition to my audio system
by SourChipmunk on January 10, 2008
Pros: Excellent low bass reproduction; fast response
Cons: Unable to place items on cabinet.
Summary: This was the best addition to my audio system I have made. The Klipsch Tangent 400s had very good bass response, but very low frequencies distorted at high volume. This ...
Summary: This was the best addition to my audio system I have made. The Klipsch Tangent 400s had very good bass response, but very low frequencies distorted at high volume. This sub filled in that void and changed my music and movie experience.
The manual recommends experimenting with different placement to determine the best sound and bass reproduction. I recommend the same. I initially had it set up in the middle of the front wall, but moved it to a corner and it made a noticable difference in the quality. In movies, storms and explosions now fill the room with bass without being overpowering.
The owner's manual does not tell you to not place items on the cabinet top. Though it may be common sense for some, I had to learn the hard way. Items will rattle, fall off, and possibly damage the cabinet. I recommend keeping the top and surrounding area clean of knick-knacks or other loose objects.
Lots of Punch
by kinggorman on November 26, 2007
Pros: Punchy, Deep, Clear, Not Expensive
Cons: Too much fiddling with to get just right
Summary: I have had this subwoofer for almost two years, I can tell you that it is one the best investments I have ever made. It supplements the lack of base ...
Summary: I have had this subwoofer for almost two years, I can tell you that it is one the best investments I have ever made. It supplements the lack of base in the Klipsch Quintet IIIs that I have beautifully. I set the crossover high, at 100kHz, but it sounds great and I could not be happier. My neighbors downstairs hate me though I think.
by Schwabd23 on September 4, 2007
Pros: Great sound, powerful for a 10 inch
Cons: none that i have had in the year i've owned it
Summary: Overall highest quality sub i have owned, downfiring to distribute bass throughout the room, unlike those front-firing which have directionality. Normal in size for a 10 inch sub, very powerful. ...
Summary: Overall highest quality sub i have owned, downfiring to distribute bass throughout the room, unlike those front-firing which have directionality. Normal in size for a 10 inch sub, very powerful. great buy.
Powerful for a 10" sub
by teamshafer on December 28, 2006
Pros: Great bass especially w/ digital audio output
Cons: Enclosure is a little bulky and bland
Summary: I know Cnet gave this a 6.5 rating, but this sub sounds great in my living room. I watched Gladiator via my digital audio DVD and receiver and was ...
Summary: I know Cnet gave this a 6.5 rating, but this sub sounds great in my living room. I watched Gladiator via my digital audio DVD and receiver and was blown away by the sound. A great addition in my opinion.
Great Addition to Home Theater System
by codydham on December 4, 2006
Pros: Strong Bass Output
Cons: None have been observed
Summary: I am currently using a 7.1 system at my house but I wasn't too happy with the bass output that my little 8" WooX subwoofer was putting out (...
Summary: I am currently using a 7.1 system at my house but I wasn't too happy with the bass output that my little 8" WooX subwoofer was putting out (from my old set up.) I went to Best Buy and they told me that Klipsch is their top of the line speakers. Overall I am very happy with the power this sub pushes in my medium sized living room, and would highly recommend it to anyone who loves a little extra bass in their movies or their music.
Excellent addition to any sound system
by tdsevern on November 24, 2006
Pros: Lots of power to play with. Crossover
Cons: Big, but im willing to sacrifice
Summary: I bought my sub at Best Buy for $200. I currently have a Creative S750 system and added the sub-10 for a little extra thump. The sub seems to be ...
Summary: I bought my sub at Best Buy for $200. I currently have a Creative S750 system and added the sub-10 for a little extra thump. The sub seems to be working fine so far. There was a rattle at first, but it seems to have gone away. I had to spend a lot of time padding my room to prevent discracting vibrations which is a good sign i guess. If you are looking for a sub that can thump, i would suggest this one.
Klipsch Synergy Sub-10
by ajhiss on October 18, 2005
Pros: Klipsch Synergy Sub-10
Cons: Klipsch Synergy Sub-10
Summary: they look like good speakers for the price, but I'm also wondering how well it'd work with Digital Music Systems, like the sonos from www.sonos.com and ...
Summary: they look like good speakers for the price, but I'm also wondering how well it'd work with Digital Music Systems, like the sonos from www.sonos.com and the musica from www.olive.us , since they both seem to require HiFi type of speakers.
0 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Klipsch
- Part number: SUB-10
- Description: A masterpiece of sound and design, the Synergy Series Sub-10 shakes things up with its rock-solid performances. Its extraordinary power adds a dose of "reality" to movie explosions and other special effects, as well as reveals commonly elusive lower musical tones. The Sub-10 reaches deeper and hits harder thanks to a 10-inch, down-firing driver coupled to a highly efficient BASH Class D amplifier that creates 200 watts of continuous power and 420 watts of dynamic power. Because of its ample enclosure size and large, rear-firing port with flared ends, the Sub-10 produces increased bass response with low distortion. The subwoofer's built-in, steep-slope (24dB/octave) low-pass crossover is continuously adjustable from 40 to 120Hz. A phase control facilitates acoustical integration of the subwoofer with the other speakers in the system. An "auto power" feature enables the subwoofer to turn itself on and off (standby) automatically, based on the presence or absence of an audio signal. A blue/red dual color LED display on the front of the subwoofer indicates whether the unit is on or in standby mode. In addition to delivering a bass impact that's beyond restraint, the Sub-10 features a new industrial design that is refined and aggressive. Available in a black finish with titanium accents, this extraordinary subwoofer matches the entire Synergy Series lineup in both style and performance. With its charged presence and room-rocking abilities, the Sub-10 delivers an adrenaline rush of sound that will impress your friends and provide years of high-quality audio entertainment.
- Speaker type Subwoofer
- Speaker quantity 1 x Subwoofer
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 14 in x 18.9 in x 17 in
- Weight 37 lbs
- Color Black
- Additional Features Auto power on/off
- Amplification type Active
- Woofer size (inches) 10 in
- Nominal (RMS) output power 200 Watt
- Max (RMS) output power 420 Watt
- Max (RMS) output power (total) 420 Watt
- Response bandwidth 28 - 120 Hz
- Frequency response 28 - 120 Hz
- Output level (SPL) 115 dB
- Sensitivity 115 dB
- Crossover frequency 40 - 120Hz
- Output features Bass Reflex
- Audio amplifier Integrated
- Connectivity Wired
- Controls Subwoofer cut frequency,
Subwoofer volume control
- Connector type 1 x Audio line-in ( RCA phono x 2 ),
- Driver details Subwoofer : 1 x Subwoofer driver - 10 in
Compatibility | Accessories
- Remote control type None
- Power device Power supply - Internal