D-Link DVC-1000 i2eye
Manufacturer: D-Link Part number: DVC-1000
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| || In stock |
Get free shipping on orders over $35.00
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 03/11/2014
CNET editors' review
price range: $73.94
- Reviewed by: John Falcone
- Reviewed on: 08/17/2003
- Released on: 01/15/2003
The good: Works without a PC; no long-distance or service fees; simple setup and operation.
The bad: No built-in wireless support; directory service may require router reconfiguration; video quality could be better.
The bottom line: The DVC-1000 is an easy-to-use videoconferencing option for broadband users who don't want to be tethered to their PCs.
The i2eye is not to blame for it not working with AOL Broadband
Pros: This product works great as a videophone. It even works perfect as a VoIP Phone, as long as the other person has a video conferenceing device/software. But it is not D-Link or this specific products fault for not working with AOL Broadband. XBox live does
Cons: none, except weird ISPs.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
Good value for simple easy to use system
by kcmodels on October 18, 2008
Pros: There is no better video conferencing system for the money on the market. This is not the perfect setup but for $150 you cannot be an all in one system wtih audio video conferencing via IP address.
Cons: Not as many options or features as more expensive models, support is typical.
Summary: Overall exceptional value for the money, includes everything needed to video conference over the Internet but for the money do not expect the ease of use or extra features found ...
Summary: Overall exceptional value for the money, includes everything needed to video conference over the Internet but for the money do not expect the ease of use or extra features found in $2000+ systems.
device broke and the return process was dissatisfying
by jelarv on June 3, 2005
Pros: Good video conference experience for the price
Cons: Unreliable product and return process was painful
Summary: The DVC-1100 worked fine for its first 6 months but on a day when we were trying to video conference with my wife's entire family back in the UK, ...
Summary: The DVC-1100 worked fine for its first 6 months but on a day when we were trying to video conference with my wife's entire family back in the UK, it wouldn't boot up. I e-mailed D-Link’s help desk and was told that the error code required the device to be returned and I should call during business hours for a return authorization number. I packed up the device that weekend and had my wife call on Monday and then they said she'd have to unpack the device and test it on-line before they'd issue a return number. After going back and forth 3 times over the course of a week they finally authorized the return (they treated us like second class citizens, as though we were somehow to blame for this inconvenience to us and my wife's family). But here it's been over a month since I sent them the device and I haven't received a new one. This is the longest I've had to wait for something to be exchanged in at least 10 years. Conclusion: device broke and the return process was dissatisfying. If you’re not worried about the device breaking then it’s a reasonable purchase for the money.
Overseas users beware
Pros: Bought two units when they first came out. This was just the item my family needed to see and talk to each other. I am an expat located in Taiwan and my family is in Ohio. The reviews were great and their website sold me. Seemed like a good buy for a tota
Cons: Support from DLink has been horrible. USA team will not help me in Taiwan. The Taiwan team acts as if they do not know about the product and tell me to call USA. USA does not support overseas call. My family in the USA calls to get support and they find t
Extra Super Fun
Pros: The bottom line is that this is way fun to use. I call my friend a lot more often now and we can talk forever. Sometimes we will be playing games against each other on the PC and with this video phone and it's almost like being in the same room. It sure i
Cons: I wish you could buy some different lenses like wide angle, zoom, and maybe some fun colors or something. Not really a con though.
Excellent Quality on TV
Pros: I bought two of these so I can talk to my son more. He lives with his mom and I only get to see him only every so often. So one weekend I installed this in his home and now he can call me anytime and we can see each other on our TVs. My son is 10 years ol
Easy to Use with Good Quality
Pros: Video Phones are here! I just got done calling my aunt who lives on the east coast while I am here on the west coast and I could see here at about 20fps in full color on my TV! The call cost me nothing to make too! The equipment is the only cost you have,
very straight forward
Pros: this videophone is extremely easy to use, setup, and everything. i wish it was a little harder to do because i finished all my fun setting it up and getting it to work within 5 minutes. it worked the first time i tried. i can call my friend on a video pho
Excellent Quality and Fun to Use!
Pros: Setup was definitely some what new to me, but was extremely easy with D-Link's step by step instructions and detailed illustrations. The quality of the video on my TV is beyond what I first expected. I bought one for myself and one for my family in Las Ve
Cons: The price is a little high, but I managed to buy 2 of these in a bundle deal for a little over $400. It was well worth it to be able to see my family on a regular basis even if they are states away.
No Support and only works with Netmeeting if at all.
by amoray on August 7, 2007
Pros: Easy to configure
Cons: Only works with Netmeeting from Computers
Summary: This unit is really terrible. I had to wait 2 hours calling to their support line and then I got hung up on.. 3 times! Do not get any DLink ...
Summary: This unit is really terrible. I had to wait 2 hours calling to their support line and then I got hung up on.. 3 times! Do not get any DLink device. It will haunt you all the way. I had similar problems when I got their WebCam which does not record the videos.
0 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: D-Link
- Part number: DVC-1000
- Description: The D-Link DVC-1000 VideoPhone introduces the world of video conferencing over the Internet, to bring you and your family, friends and colleagues together. There's no waiting for a PC to boot up to determine whether you have a call and no navigating complex software. You can communicate when you want, the way you want and without having to be a computer expert. You set up the DVC-1000 from the intuitive, easy to use Setup Wizard. You are guided every step of the way through a few short setup screens and before you know it, your making and accepting VideoPhone calls! The DVC-1000 comes with a full-function intelligent remote control so you can use your VideoPhone in the same convenient way you watch television. In fact, you even enter information from the remote control using an on-screen keyboard. From your broadband Cable modem, DSL or Ethernet connection to the Internet, the DVC-1000 uses the power and connectivity of the Internet to communicate. By using a broadband connection you get high-quality video and audio without the quality limitations of dial-up Video Phones. High video speed and quality are possible with the DVC-1000. Using the H.323 video compression standard the DVC-1000 can display video in real-time. This lets your friends, family and colleagues see and hear you in real-time, anytime. The built-in caller ID provides privacy protection. You can know who is calling before you answer. You can turn off the video or audio and even activate the Do Not Disturb mode. You control the privacy features of the DVC-1000.
- Packaged Quantity 1
- Device Type Video conferencing kit
- Width 8.1 in
- Depth 6.1 in
- Height 1.5 in
- Weight 0.9 lbs
- Built-in Devices Microphone
- Type Modem (digital) - Integrated - Wired
- Max Transfer Rate 512 Kbps
- Digital Signaling Protocol H.323
- Data Compression Protocol G.711,
- Type Digital video camera - Integrated
- Digital Video Capture Resolution 352 x 288,
176 x 144
- Type None
- Audio Input Microphone - Integrated
- Audio Output None
- Type Remote control
- Connectivity Technology Wireless
- Type Network adapter
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Data Link Protocol Ethernet,
- Features DHCP support
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces 1 x Display / video - RCA,
1 x Audio - Output - RCA,
1 x Network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45,
- Compatible Slots None
- Cables Included 1 x Network cable,
1 x A/V cable
- Power Device Power adapter - External
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - 1 year