Whirlpool Cabrio WTW5600XW - washing machine - top loading - freestanding - white
Manufacturer: Whirlpool Corporation Part number: WTW5600XW
Where to buy
|store||customer rating||inventory||tax & shipping||price|
| Not yet rated || In stock || |
Enter zip code to get total price:
as of 12/06/2013
Agitators Weren't Just for Looks
by Ezrasgold on July 3, 2011
Pros: Nice design
Cons: It doesn't wash your clothes the first time around.
Summary: Look. Let's be honest. This review might as well apply to ALL new top loading washer machines that must comply with new Federal energy star requirements. First we must ...
Summary: Look. Let's be honest. This review might as well apply to ALL new top loading washer machines that must comply with new Federal energy star requirements. First we must thank the liberal regulators who have successfully managed to hoodwink the public into thinking that they are going to save money and energy. BALONEY! There was a reason for agitators in the first place and that was to literally vibrate the dirt and soil out of the cloth from which clothing and other textiles are made. The sad fact is that most new top loaders now have something akin to a "hump" aptly called a "washplate," situated at the bottom of the washer machine's drum. Unfortunately, no matter how much spin (excuse the pun), is provided in the manufacturer's advertising or instruction manual, these machines fall pathetically short in properly cleaning your dirty linens -- that is the first time around. Not only can you expect that your soiled clothes will come out looking various shades of "dirty," you will be required to wash them a second time after which, even a rocket scientist (but not a regulator, legislator, or EPA official) must conclude that you have used as much energy, water and time...if not MORE, than if you had used your old "energy inefficient" machine with an AGITATOR. It truly defies logic that to think that the original designers of the conventional power washer machines would have created the "agitator'" simply to add weight to the unit or because they looked "cool." Thanks to the regulators who watch over us for the concept of the "wash plate," --- a novel approach towards rendering a machine completely INEFFICIENT!
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
Very nice washer WTW5600XW
by Lu125 on January 29, 2011
Pros: Looks great and functional
Cons: none so far
Summary: WTW5600XW is very good washing machine. I had to take a "risk" because there were no reviews on it. It is fearly new product. Works well, does not wrinkle the ...
Summary: WTW5600XW is very good washing machine. I had to take a "risk" because there were no reviews on it. It is fearly new product. Works well, does not wrinkle the clothes, does not have an agitator, which is great. Weighs loand to add water, and usually sufficient. Has child lock, but you can stop it any time to look inside (I played with it in the beginning). So far, no complains. Lots of functional features to choose from, also, can override some of them to your liking. Matching dryer is great and is Big.Not so nice washer (update after 2 yrs)
Updated on Oct 23, 2012
1) An alternator failed withing first few month. How do you know? Your clothes is not washed. It will be wet, so it 1st tech could not find the problem; the second had hard time finding what went wrong, because all looked OK. He also mentioned that even if I have a warranty, if you call tech, and everything works fine, I am going to pay for the tech's visit (~$360 charge and heated conversation w/tech). I cannot controls tech's level of expertise, but I knew that machine did not move heavy loads. Luckily, he did find the problem and replaced an acutator (the part that moves the plate) at no additional charge.
2) Level of water: it is not enough! Washed whites, stopped it to check the level - sheets were covered only 50%. More water will be added later, but nothing you can do or control - the machine is pre-programmed, and you are helpless.
3) It looks good and fits into small niche (top-loads and bigget models would not) - good part :)
2 out of 2 users found this user opinion helpful.
by liliemay2003 on November 23, 2011
Pros: I don't have anything positive to say about it.
Cons: hate all the water wasted on rewashing
Summary: I've had this machine two weeks and I know I don't like it. I have to wash my more soiled clothes twice to really get them clean and ...
Summary: I've had this machine two weeks and I know I don't like it. I have to wash my more soiled clothes twice to really get them clean and some whites three times soooo where is the savings? I really hate it I will be calling the store tomorrow to complain and see if can get an older type model.
1 out of 1 users found this user opinion helpful.
- Manufacturer: Whirlpool Corporation
- Part number: WTW5600XW
- Description: Marketing description is not available.
- Product Type Washing machine - Top loading
- Spin Speed Variable - 800 rpm (max)
- Form Factor Freestanding
- Color White
- Drum Material Stainless steel
- Programs Qty 11
- Program Optimization 6th Sense
Settings, Controls & Indicators
- Control Type Electronic
- Indicators Time remaining indicator
- Display Type LED display
- Special Programs & Options Quick wash,
Rinse + spin,
Drain + spin
- Special Features H2Low wash system ,
Care control temperature management,
Auto Load Sensing system ,
Automatic fabric softener dispenser ,
Automatic bleach dispenser ,
Clean Washer Cycle with Affresh
- Sound Package Quiet Wash
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Yes
- Compliant Standards CEE Tier 3
- Manufacturer Warranty 1 year
- Manufacturer profile
- Browse Whirlpool Corporation products on Shopper.com
- Manufacturer:Whirlpool Corporation